Friday is a sad, sad day for me.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SugarMedia

Reaction score
Well, I have decided it's time to move back to the US and plan on making the move by the end of this year. Not knowing how long it would take to sell my stereo and be able to receive a fair amount for it I decided to put it online a few days ago. 24 hours later it was sold... I honestly didn't expect to receive so many serious inquiries in such a short amount of time.

MF-A5 amp and CDP sold for $4,000.
The Aeoni's sold for $4,350.

These prices may seem high, but audio equipment costs alot more over here with various taxes. But it's a very nice feeling to invest in equipment that holds its value and appeal across the globe. So that's the sad news.:(

The good news is that I will end up with the Summits or maybe the Vantage once I'm back. Can't wait to rejoin you all in the very near future. :rocker:

Adios!

SugarMedia,

I am sorry to hear that you will be without your equipment for awhile, but as you say, it will open up new opportunities and possible upgrades!

What is your timeframe and what part of the US will you be moving to. I remember you had friends and/or family here in Colorado.

SugarMedia,

I am sorry to hear that you will be without your equipment for awhile, but as you say, it will open up new opportunities and possible upgrades!

What is your timeframe and what part of the US will you be moving to. I remember you had friends and/or family here in Colorado.

Thanks guys.

Good outlook, you're right... it will open up new opportunities and possible upgrades! Maybe this time around I can get the Classe gear I was wanting.

And yes, I have a brother somewhere near Aspen. He's at the age where he never writes or calls but spends day and night snowboarding. As for me, I think I'm going to head for warmer weather this time around. Maybe Austin,TX. It's a good place to raise a family. I've done Miami, NYC, C-Spgs and Dallas. No particular interest in the west coast. Hawaii would be nice, but Austin seems to feel just right.

Last edited:
Charlotte's a great place too...not the warmest during the winter...but better than a lot of places...and with a lot of great people, and definitely a great place to raise a family. It's a northern city with a southern feel? (ie you have the big business and buildings, but a lot of the friendliness I always found lacking when I lived in boston...and in south florida)

I just moved here about 3months ago, and love it to death. Definitely a great place to raise a family as well.

so, another option at least! :)

Good luck with the move! You'd better make it quickly now so that you can re-join us.

Those first few notes that come out of your new system are going to sound good, thats for sure!

As for me, I think I'm going to head for warmer weather this time around. Maybe Austin,TX. It's a good place to raise a family. I've done Miami, NYC, C-Spgs and Dallas. No particular interest in the west coast. Hawaii would be nice, but Austin seems to feel just right.

Austin is a GREAT place! Traffic is pretty bad and it will get worse even though we are about to open some new Toll Roads here (some already open). Housing is pretty expensive... Not as bad as CA but quite high if you want to be somewhere reasonably nice.

We are getting a GREAT group of ML enthusiats here in town! Pretty awesome. We also have some very good Hi-Fi and HT shops here in town.

Keep us posted.

Sugar,

Don't think of it as losing your Aeons so much as making room for your Summits. :D

I wish you best of luck in the move. I hear Austin is a great place, but don't rule out the Southeast. Atlanta and Nashville are nice if you like a bigger city, and Huntsville and Chattanooga are great if you like a little bit smaller town.

We always enjoy your presence on this forum. Best Regards.

SugarMedia...

:D Hope all goes well with the big move. I have heard good things about Austin. Good luck and drop us a line when you get settled in... :D

I have this feeling ML's will be in your near future, maybe powered by these babies... :cheers:

Take care.

Attachments

• Classe - Gensis Series.jpg
    Classe - Gensis Series.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 289
Thank you everyone for the kinds words...

Robin you sure do have a thing for decadent gear, don't you? :D
I was thinking slightly smaller Classe amps, but sure that will do.

SM,

I wish you the best of luck with your move!

With regards to your ex-audio system... no worries, mate! You have grown a much better audiophile because of your ex-system and despite it not being there, you will always have the experience for when you decide to jump back in with us crazy nuts!

I would look at it this way, the ball's in your court now, my friend!

You get to start clean... whether it be ML Summits or not, you have an exciting road rebuilding an even better system this time around!

Good luck and godspeed with whatever it is you undertake!

Joey:cheers:

Glorious Audio Dreams...

Thank you everyone for the kinds words...

Robin you sure do have a thing for decadent gear, don't you? :D
I was thinking slightly smaller Classe amps, but sure that will do.
SugarMedia,

:meditate: Ahhh to dream..., and to dream audio gloriously... :p

You will be missed around here SugarMedia, come back to us soon safe and ML sound...

Attachments

• My Relaxed Face.jpg
    My Relaxed Face.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 269
Last edited:
Sugar,
Best of luck to you on your move. I know this will be another positive step and you will see everything will just be better than before.

Jeff:cool:

Sugar, every move is a fresh start, audio and everything else :cool:

As Pcar928fan said... we have a good set of ML enthusiast in Austin... a very nice ML shop with knowledgeable folks.

Austin housting is a bit high in price compared to some spots in the US... but it's MUCH lower than others... I'd say 25% of my neighbors are from CA who can't believe what they are buying for cheap money... sigh

Anyway... if your destination is Austin, we'd sure be glad to welcome you in.

As for Pcar928fan traffice statement... Austin does stink... but try Atlanta or DC or NY or Boston or LA or Seattle crossing the bridges or ... :devil:

The new toll roads will hopefully make things a bit easier to get around.

Cheers,

I guess this is what it feels like to be a death-row inmate. The hangman is coming in 30 minutes. :(

I don't want to let go.

Last edited:
Back