Friday chillin…

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tmort

Reaction score
When you get to crank it and enjoy…

0DB255ED-7412-44CA-BC8A-DA3CD8DA8EC7.jpeg

I love the LEDs behind the speakers, can you show how you have all that mounted? I've been looking for ideas for diffused lighting behind my speakers similar to what you've got going on here.

Tmort will try in future your advise to me. Namely place mic at single location when using ARC.

Your system looks great with colorful lights. However I could not help but notice ELS 9 perhaps may be located nearer to each other and further away from front wall.

I found out recently there is a possibility to determine precisely best in room location for ELS 9.

There is a formula written inside ELS 9 booklet. Two steps.

First step.
Measure in inches distance to ceiling. If roof sloping that is not of uniform height. Perhaps can take take three readings for height. Measure height at front wall ,center of side wall and at back wall. Take the average of the three. Multiply this average room height by 0.618 . Now you know Precise optimal distance from front wall to front midpoint of ELS.

Second step.
Measure in inches distance between side walls. The result divide by 18. Then multiply by 5. Now you know precise optimal distance from side wall to front midpoint of ELS.

Use both measurements together to place speakers.

What preamp do you have?

Last edited:
I’ll take a look at those dimensions for set up but I’m obviously quite limited on space especially width. The preamp is the NAD C658 streamer which uses the Blusound app which is very nice.
I recently bought some 11” tall stands to place the lights on therein getting the vertical light bar up into full view of the stat panels.
AF5B533E-5AC0-45A6-BA2D-D76D22C4851D.jpeg

Tmort will try in future your advise to me. Namely place mic at single location when using ARC.

Your system looks great with colorful lights. However I could not help but notice ELS 9 perhaps may be located nearer to each other and further away from front wall.

I found out recently there is a possibility to determine precisely best in room location for ELS 9.

There is a formula written inside ELS 9 booklet. Two steps.

First step.
Measure in inches distance to ceiling. If roof sloping that is not of uniform height. Perhaps can take take three readings for height. Measure height at front wall ,center of side wall and at back wall. Take the average of the three. Multiply this average room height by 0.618 . Now you know Precise optimal distance from front wall to front midpoint of ELS.

Second step.
Measure in inches distance between side walls. The result divide by 18. Then multiply by 5. Now you know precise optimal distance from side wall to front midpoint of ELS.

Use both measurements together to place speakers.

What preamp do you have?
I doubt ML intended that formula to be set and forget values. There are many factors that affect optimum room placement, including listener preference. I've owned a few Logan products. In all cases, the placement recommendations are intended to be starting points for your own experimentation, not set in stone parameters.

I doubt ML intended that formula to be set and forget values. There are many factors that affect optimum room placement, including listener preference. I've owned a few Logan products. In all cases, the placement recommendations are intended to be starting points for your own experimentation, not set in stone parameters.
Formula for dedicated music room. What we understand by this is room dimensions specially designed for optimal acoustics. For such a room I would venture to assert values may be set in stone.

In my room, a room not designed initially for optimal acoustics, I agree values a starting point. Like to point out not just any starting point rather excellent starting point. These values minimize the negative affect of standing waves.

I agree with you in the end all depend on listener preference. Some people like greater weight to low frequency presentation. While I like understated bass with open midrange and extended highs.

Back