Fresco, Vignette or Script for Surrounds?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

attyonline

Reaction score
5.1 system with Aerius i and Cinema center. What would you recommend for surrounds? No local dealer other than BB/Magnolia. Replies appreciated. :)

Script i....

attyonline said:
5.1 system with Aerius i and Cinema center. What would you recommend for surrounds? No local dealer other than BB/Magnolia. Replies appreciated.
attyonline,

Go with more electrostatic panels. The sound of the ML's Script i's electrostatic panels proved to be very seamless / homogenic in my system, as the mids / highs flow from center to front to surround electrostatic panels, the sonic imaging / transfer is simply breath taking really beautiful... :D
I love mine, Script i's, they are fabulous speakers. ;) I even purchased / ordered my Script i's without having hear them at all, which was very risky, but proved to be a smart purchase in the long run... :D

Good Luck. :)

Thanks for the advice and responses. I have been inclined to look at the Fresco due to its small size and no need for AC. Has anyone compared the Script to the Fresco as a surround?

I couldn't fit another pair of 'stats into my room, so I went with Frescos on the wall. They blend perfectly with the Summits. My passion is 2 channel, but these provide a fine ht experience. BTW, we all have different perceptions of sound. Your best bet is an audition of components that you are considering and decide for yourself.

I bet anyone of those would sound nice,it could just come down to money.

Well, the Script i and the Fresco cost the same. I have no local dealer for the Script, but could buy Frecoes/Vignettes at BB/Magnolia here in town. Leaning toward the ribbon alternative since my nearest "real" ML dealer is over a hundred miles away :eek:

Although I have heard neither speaker, I would go with the Frescos. Scripts take up more space and look ugly. I know, I know, the sound is what's important but in the real world it is nice to have a decent looking HT room as well. Plus you absolutely have to leave room for furniture or at the very least a couch.

Back