Fresco & screeching sound.

MartinLogan Owners (MLO)

Help Support MartinLogan Owners (MLO):

vinodk

Reaction score
Hi Guys!
I currently have ML setup with Aeon i(bi-amped), Theater i & Fresco's being driven by Sunfire amp. I get these weird intermittent screeching sound from rear channels only during different CSI editions during the musical score & has not happened with dvd's or any other programs on CBS or other channels. I am wondering if it is due to the source or something is wrong with Fresco's. First I thought that Sunfire is not able to handle all 5 speakers therefore I connected Fresco's to Pioneer 59TXi with Sunfire running the front 3 channels but it made no difference. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Vinod.

garmtz

Reaction score
If you don't hear it with any other DVD, it must be in the source... If you watch it 'on air', a lot of processing takes place, mocking up the sound. Probably, it's your surround processor being tripped by phase errors in the sound.

aliveatfive

Reaction score
I'm using Frescos for surround channels and Summits up front. Also watch CSI using this system. Prepro is a Rotel 1068 and power amp is a Bryston (for surrounds.) I do not have any of the problems that you mentioned in your set-up. I might be inclined to think the problem is electronics-related, unless your speakers are defective.

vinodk

Reaction score
I believe it is the source because I was watching football on my downstairs tv yesterday on CBS & I could hear the same screeching sound coming from the tv speakers as there is no surround setup. It must be a local Directv or CBS HD channel issue. Hopefully somebody from LA area can chime in.

Latest posts