Fresco as center channel?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitrolyat

Reaction score
My search here has found users enjoying HT success with a Fresco at center, along with some form of ML as mains.

As every environment (room dimension/configuration, equipment placement and speaker location relative to furniture and boundaries) presents a set of demands to deal with in order to maximize potential performance. I was wondering what the ideal set-up for a Fresco might be? What type of dispersion are you getting in your configuration? What size of room is most appropriate for the Fresco's strengths?

In a purely HT application, could the Fresco be used with non-ML mains? I am considering a Fresco center placed on a shelf above the tv along with omni-directional mains.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

My Fresco integrates just fine with my Vantages. It is stricktly used in a 5.1 HT enviroment, the timbre matches well and considering the fact that I am a much more serious two channel person it's more than adequete. My room demensions are 15'x23'6"x8', listening / viewing position is approx 10' from the speaker.

My room is similar to Twich54 (Dave). My room is approximately 8 x 12x 8. The difference in my room is I have no rear wall. My Fresco is mounted on the wall below my TV. It blends really well with the other speakers.

Jeff :cool:

Jeff Zaret said:
My room is similar to Twich54 (Dave). My room is approximately 8 x 12x 8. The difference in my room is I have no rear wall. My Fresco is mounted on the wall below my TV. It blends really well with the other speakers.

Jeff :cool:
Hola, and my main speakers are the CLSIIz, same as Jeff. I also use the Fresco as center, and I like it very much the blending...takes time to set it up, but the time is well spent...happy listening,
Roberto.

mitrolyat said:
In a purely HT application, could the Fresco be used with non-ML mains? I am considering a Fresco center placed on a shelf above the tv along with omni-directional mains.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

I am of the mind that match your HT speakers as much as possible. I have the Fresco as a center but it is matched with Montages so you create a nice front field.

Thank you all for the feedback.

The reason for my Fresco consideration is an assumption that it will deliver speed, clarity and low coloration demanded of a center. Also, I am hoping it can provide good dispersion without off-axis drop out.

I was also wondering if any users paired non-ML mains with the Fresco. Since this system will be limited to HT, would a l/r speaker design offering wide dispersion for multiple viewers be more appropriate? This thinking maintains that timbre mismatch can be an acceptable compromise in favor of servicing a wide seating set-up. For me, clear dialogue and clean front audio is preferred over explosive effects.

As I hope to return to ML for home theater, please forgive my thinking aloud here at this forum. Has anyone else thought of picking and choosing a speaker design relative to its function within an HT environment?

Thanks again!

Back