First time ML experience

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amey01

Reaction score
My wife had a friend over last night. I wish I could have taken a photo of her face when she heard some familiar music through the MLs to post here!

Dont you love that out of the mouth of Babes. On the same note how about folks that say they cant hear the difference?
My usual next line to them is When is the last time you saw your ENT Doc?

The first time my father-in-law saw/heard the CLX's, I played for him an acapella version of Mozart's Ave Verum Corpus. He teared up (I damn near did as well).

Same experience with Silent Night "Proprious" recording cept there was no Father there, some recordings are truely amazing:D
by the way do you remem. which recording that was???

Thanx
Next round of Disks shall contain this, I really prefer when a real person , (not a reviewer) makes a recomendation.................................

What was everyone's first speaker audiogasm?
Here it was the Infinity Servo Statics 68-69?

Hmmmm, well, i was about twelve I guess and Becky Jenson came over to play "Doctor and Nurse" and it came time to check for a hernia and.... oh!.... wait.... AUDIOgasm you said, right? my bad!

in that case, Maggie Tympani ID back in early 80s. (this is a good thread topic and likely spans far beyond just ML... perhaps start a unique thread for it?)

Last edited:
(this is a good thread topic and likely spans far beyond just ML... perhaps start a unique thread for it?)

Yep - great topic for a new thread (in the OT section). But for me it was the Quad ESL-63 at an audio show in Sydney, circa 1992.

Same experience with Silent Night "Proprious" recording cept there was no Father there, some recordings are truely amazing:D
by the way do you remem. which recording that was???
Bill, you should get a copy of Reference Recordings' "Star of Wonder". When listening to it late at night just before Christmas one year, I could have sworn that I could smell candle wax (with a Roman Catholic upbringing attending church was de rigeur as a kid).

Thanx will throw that on the list.......If I wasent in Church on Sunday I was beat-up by Nun's on Monday morning......................

Last year I had a friend visit us and I did a demo of my setup including the ML Vantages. A few days later I get a call from him. "Hey, I just bought a pair of vantages and a high end receiver..... can you walk me through hooking this thing up?" I swear to god, just like that!

Back