first run with Quests , not good

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C.A.P

Reaction score
I ran the Quests for a while and It seems that I have a definate 10 db gain on one speaker ( as I dont have a pre amp and am running the Theta Miles into the amp, it has a anolog volume control) and it starts to bring on music at -23to -24 db on one speaker and the other one does not kick in hardly untill -12 to -15db and the sound is teribly lopsided at volumes there after. I will call Martin Logan tomorow, and hope for the best! in the mean time what are some helpful things to try, I did read about the vacuming , and washing as a last resort, any other ideas???

:( in MI. C.A.P

C.A.P said:
I ran the Quests for a while and It seems that I have a definate 10 db gain on one speaker ( as I dont have a pre amp and am running the Theta Miles into the amp, it has a anolog volume control) and it starts to bring on music at -23to -24 db on one speaker and the other one does not kick in hardly untill -12 to -15db and the sound is teribly lopsided at volumes there after. I will call Martin Logan tomorow, and hope for the best! in the mean time what are some helpful things to try, I did read about the vacuming , and washing as a last resort, any other ideas???

:( in MI. C.A.P

Hola...well it looks that you have to replace the stat panels...I don´t know hoy old are the panels, but the speaker has over 12 years...if you get the new panels for it, they will be made with ML latest tech, and this means 500% better in coating than the older tech. The new panels are far better than the old ones, giving better SPL...write again to Mr. Power, he will answer any question regarding your problem...hope this can help...happy listenig and welcome again to our club...
Roberto. :D

Back