First proper Summit review?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unclemonty

Reaction score
Hi - I wonder if anyone has seen the Summit review in (UK) magazine Hi Fi News & Record Review?

It's by Ken Kessler, and it is very, very positive.

I'm a subscriber here in the UK, so may get the magazine earlier than some do. Anyway, it's well worth a read; Ken Kessler is a pretty respected reviewer who knows the ML range well. He seems to think it's pretty much a best ever product for the company.

Could we have a quick precis, particularly any negatives. Still hangin' to hear some - the dealer in Sydney is back ordered to February at the moment. Most have ordered on spec but sounds as though it is a safe bet.

$21,000 Australian dollars here.

Kevin

Summit Price

kwr said:
Could we have a quick precis, particularly any negatives. Still hangin' to hear some - the dealer in Sydney is back ordered to February at the moment. Most have ordered on spec but sounds as though it is a safe bet.

$21,000 Australian dollars here.

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

So the Summits are cheaper than the Prodigys (in Australia). I remember the Prodigys were about $26,000 Australian dollars and in US they are about the same ($10,000 US dollars).

/Transpar

OK, precis: "vastly superior to previous ranges...", "open, clear, fast...", "great bass", "panel very well made, very strong", "Summit sounded wa-a-ay bigger than it looks". Not too easy to drive, needs a high current amp. Sounds as dynamic as a conventional speaker. They really disappear etc etc.

I can't really precis beyond that - it's a full 3 page review. Can't find any negatives other than it needs a decent amp.

Monty

unclemonty said:
OK, precis: "vastly superior to previous ranges..... Not too easy to drive, needs a high current amp........ Can't find any negatives other than it needs a decent amp.

Monty

Thanks Monty.

I'll look out for the issue as it gets to Sydney. What has been Kessler's view of previous ML's? Interesting the perception about high current amps. I had assumed that if anything the Summits would be a better match for valve amplification than previous ML's.

Hi Transparent,

Yeah, the price, the price, the price. Bit rich in the face of recent exchange rates but there you go. That's competition or the lack of it for you.

Kevin

Latest posts

Back