Finish options

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirkawall

Reaction score
Hi,

I was able to replace some defective Vantages with new ones that happened to come in the natural as opposed to dark cherry. I love this finish and was wondering which of you have paid the premium for a special or custom job? Should these (or some of these) come standard with a speaker costing above 5000.00 USD? Any thoughts?

best,

k

kirkawall said:
Hi,

I was able to replace some defective Vantages with new ones that happened to come in the natural as opposed to dark cherry. I love this finish and was wondering which of you have paid the premium for a special or custom job? Should these (or some of these) come standard with a speaker costing above 5000.00 USD? Any thoughts?

best,k

My opinion is that the premiums charged for "exotic" veneers are tantamount to theft. The price difference between say a standard oak or cherry finish and a Bubinga are not justified buy the wholesale prices of the veneers. Profiteering at its finest IMO!

Last edited:
TheBobGoat said:
my piano black Ascent i's were a $1500 option.
Ouch! At least you can rationalize the labor in a, hopefully, hand rubbed finish.

Yeah, I het the same feeling about the finish options. The innards are all MDF, and very little cost goes into adding the extra finish. I was especially unhappy when I found out that the Vantage wasnt going to come in the exotic finishes of Summit. I really like that marble grain on some of the summit finishes. Oh well. :p

Back