Finally using my Dynamo sub after two years!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spkrdctr

Reaction score
I know many on here know that I have had a Dynamo 700W sub for two years and never even hooked it up as I had an old ultra cheap Yamaha that I was waiting to break. Well, after two years I'm not waiting anymore. I pulled the Yamaha out and put in the much smaller sealed ML sub. All I can say is that there is of course a HUGE difference. I don't know how low the Yamaha sub really went (not much) but the Dynamo digs hard A LOT deeper.
As many of you were thinking, "Why doesn't that old nut just use it now, why did he wait so long to use it"? Well, I think all your mental vibes got too me and that is why I said "Screw it", I'm using it NOW. I thank all the guys who sent those thoughts out to me and used mental vibes to force me to up my game. With my left and right ML speakers I now have the sub tuned in and working very well. That pretty much finishes my home theater/music listening system. Oh, and the best part was I got the Dynamo 700W for FREE! The price was right, new unopened in the box. Now I am spending (wasting?) hours listening to music on the upgraded system. You guys really are kind to force me to upgrade. You all rock!

I know many on here know that I have had a Dynamo 700W sub for two years and never even hooked it up as I had an old ultra cheap Yamaha that I was waiting to break. Well, after two years I'm not waiting anymore. I pulled the Yamaha out and put in the much smaller sealed ML sub. All I can say is that there is of course a HUGE difference. I don't know how low the Yamaha sub really went (not much) but the Dynamo digs hard A LOT deeper.
As many of you were thinking, "Why doesn't that old nut just use it now, why did he wait so long to use it"? Well, I think all your mental vibes got too me and that is why I said "Screw it", I'm using it NOW. I thank all the guys who sent those thoughts out to me and used mental vibes to force me to up my game. With my left and right ML speakers I now have the sub tuned in and working very well. That pretty much finishes my home theater/music listening system. Oh, and the best part was I got the Dynamo 700W for FREE! The price was right, new unopened in the box. Now I am spending (wasting?) hours listening to music on the upgraded system. You guys really are kind to force me to upgrade. You all rock!
So the big question, what happened to the old Yamaha? If youre like me, its somewhere still in the house. I have a 2nd lesser home theater setup in my basement where all my older stuff that is lesser goes. I do the same with my gaming PCs. Ive got 3 set up in the house. 1 for regular gaming, one for VR, and my old one goes to a home office for my wife.

I understand completely! I've done the same thing on more than one occasion. In fact, I'll be talking with my main dealer about doing something and he will ask me, 'BTW, how is XYZ sounding/working out?' When I respond with 'actually, I haven't got that installed yet because of 'whatever'... I can tell he is thinking what is wrong with you!

I too just got my sub up and really working because of this forum. I've had a Descent i in my system for probably a decade and was never impressed. Primarily it was Chops that suggested I run high level connections to it and now each time I'm listening, I kick myself for wasting ten years without really using my sub...

Robert D, I put the old sub on Craigslist for free. It was gone in 5 hours out of my apartment. I didn't feel I could ask for money for that old thing. It worked perfectly but was really a bottom of the barrel sub. Perfect for kids or where ever you do not need high quality. I now have nothing that I'm not using. Living in a one bedroom apartment means that I can't bring in anything without taking out something. I'm VERY space limited. I just wish the cost of the apartment wasn't so high for a one bedroom. But they get me because I want a washer/dryer in my apartment. I do not want to go to a central laundry on a floor etc. So, that costs me a lot of extra money. Florida 20 years ago was cheap to live in. It is not anymore. All the northerners have come down and blown prices through the roof. Oh well. I'm going to go listen to my new sub some more...........

Robert D, I put the old sub on Craigslist for free. It was gone in 5 hours out of my apartment. I didn't feel I could ask for money for that old thing. It worked perfectly but was really a bottom of the barrel sub. Perfect for kids or where ever you do not need high quality. I now have nothing that I'm not using. Living in a one bedroom apartment means that I can't bring in anything without taking out something. I'm VERY space limited. I just wish the cost of the apartment wasn't so high for a one bedroom. But they get me because I want a washer/dryer in my apartment. I do not want to go to a central laundry on a floor etc. So, that costs me a lot of extra money. Florida 20 years ago was cheap to live in. It is not anymore. All the northerners have come down and blown prices through the roof. Oh well. I'm going to go listen to my new sub some more...........

And you're in Clearwater. I used to live in an old apartment in St Pete a few years back (built in the early 80's). A 2 bed/2 bath 900 sq ft apartment cost us $1450 a month. Moved back to Lakeland 7 years ago, moved into a 3 bed/2 bath 1400 sq ft apartment (built in 2008) and was paying just under $1000. At the end of 6 years being there, rent was up to almost $1400 though and parking absolutely sucked.

Now we're in a nice quaint little house built in 1951, one owner, very well maintained, and a very good friend of mine for the past 14 years. It's a 3 bed, only down side is it's a 1 bath, but we manage just fine. The great thing is, I know just about everyone in the neighborhood for the past 14 years, they all know me as well (obviously), we are allowed to do pretty much anything we want to the house within reason of course, and rent is considerably less than the dumb apartments.

And you're in Clearwater. I used to live in an old apartment in St Pete a few years back (built in the early 80's). A 2 bed/2 bath 900 sq ft apartment cost us $1450 a month. Moved back to Lakeland 7 years ago, moved into a 3 bed/2 bath 1400 sq ft apartment (built in 2008) and was paying just under $1000. At the end of 6 years being there, rent was up to almost $1400 though and parking absolutely sucked.

Now we're in a nice quaint little house built in 1951, one owner, very well maintained, and a very good friend of mine for the past 14 years. It's a 3 bed, only down side is it's a 1 bath, but we manage just fine. The great thing is, I know just about everyone in the neighborhood for the past 14 years, they all know me as well (obviously), we are allowed to do pretty much anything we want to the house within reason of course, and rent is considerably less than the dumb apartments.
We love St. Pete Beach for vacationing. Ive been going there since the 70s when I was a kid and we had a relative that lived on the beach. Wish they didnt sell his home!!

Real estate is rising fast down there.

And you're in Clearwater. I used to live in an old apartment in St Pete a few years back (built in the early 80's).
Wow... small neighborhood! My family built a small (1100 sf) two bedroom house on the Intercoastal in Indian Rocks Beach back in I guess the late 60's (before all the big condos overtook the beach). We finally moved mom out last year and sold it. Hated to see it go, but a) I've been there during a hurricane or two and seeing water lapping up almost against the foundation was just a little more than I would want to deal with, and b) the bigger issue is it just didn't have the space even to store all my different media, let alone house my A/V system! :D

Latest posts

Back