Finally completed my gear revamped

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SKY888

Reaction score
Finally completed my gear revamped!
Photos of before (top) & after (bottom)

ML Theos ——> ML classic ESL9
ML Motif X ——>ML focus C18
ATI 1803 ———> 3 Emotiva HC-1 monoblocks

Got the Martin Logan demos from this hi-end audio shop for 60% off and Emotiva HC-1 from TMR.

The attached video, I turned off my subs, and just used my LCR

B082F528-4FBB-4959-B833-2615825D3D8C.jpeg
EE0F981F-BB4A-4D43-AB14-DC68FAC1000D.jpeg

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.MOV
    47.2 MB
Last edited:
60% off, that's great. Did you still get the Martin Logan new warranty? Curious because I've never bought floor demo Martin Logan. I bought some demo Sinclair speakers and the warranty was same as new. Great way to save $$.

60% off, that's great. Did you still get the Martin Logan new warranty? Curious because I've never bought floor demo Martin Logan. I bought some demo Sinclair speakers and the warranty was same as new. Great way to save $$.

Yeah, I did! Very lucky! :)

A couple days early, eh? Nice!

I supposed to get them this coming Sunday morning.
but I realized, I’m only working half day today…..so I drove for 2.5hrs down to CT to pick them up lol

I got to the shop, and saw a pair of 13a. I was tempted, but I controlled myself! Lol

My room is only 13’x13’x8’
I think my Theos as well as these ESL9 are more than enough.

I turned off my subs

this is just my LCR

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.MOV
    47.2 MB
I supposed to get them this coming Sunday morning.
but I realized, I’m only working half day today…..so I drove for 2.5hrs down to CT to pick them up lol

I got to the shop, and saw a pair of 13a. I was tempted, but I controlled myself! Lol

My room is only 13’x13’x8’
I think my Theos as well as these ESL9 are more than enough.

Go back and trade to get those 13a! (jk.....or not!) I'm on the side if you can get them into the room and the cost isn't taking food off the table for the family they belong in there XD

Go back and trade to get those 13a! (jk.....or not!) I'm on the side if you can get them into the room and the cost isn't taking food off the table for the family they belong in there XD

the esl9 demo units were discounted 60% off, but the 13a were only 30% off. I inquired, why? They said it will be harder for them to sell the smaller one compared to the bigger one 🤷🏽‍♂️
So I dunno lol.

that’s why I stayed with my original units to get lol , the esl 9 :)

or else, my wife will kick me out of the house lol

Congrats on the 9's. I'd be happy to just find a pair of Theos, or Ethos stats. Plus, that new center is huge! But, consider the 13's, as you can always get another wife...! 😁

Yeah, the c18 is huge & heavy! It’s so wide, and really helps widens sound. Our 75” tv looked so small now lol.
giving me a good reason to tell wife that we should get at least 88” tv 😂

Back