Extracting audio portion of UTube video into AIFF

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bernard

Reaction score
I want to extract the audio portion of a few UTube videos, and convert them to AIFF before saving them on my Mac music server. I know that there are software packages that will do this, but has anyone here tried them?

Any recommendations?

I want to extract the audio portion of a few UTube videos, and convert them to AIFF before saving them on my Mac music server. I know that there are software packages that will do this, but has anyone here tried them?

Any recommendations?

Why AIFF specifically? Won't FLAC do?

I use convert2mp3.net. You can save in a wide variety of formats (bearing in mind that the YouTube source won't be AIFF, or anything like that quality) to begin with.

It's not a software package - it's just a web app.

I use AudioHijack to record audio only from YouTube backing tracks to layer guitar over, then Audacity to trim or convert formats. Let me know how it goes. Best regards.

Using Tor Browser (with Firefox) and 1-click youtube video downloader.

Tor Browser is less restricted than Firefox alone.

The are several sites that directly convert a youtube video address to mp3, aac, or wav. www.youtube-wav.com is one.

The youtube download reminds me of the music I want to buy. Buying the original cd/record is my preference (it's not edited or bandwidth limited).

Back