• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Martin Logan Owners and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Expression 13A for Sale - 100% Perfect in Gloss Black - Located UK

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hear Here

Reaction score
You know about all these speakers. They are part of Martin Logan's Masterpiece range. 13" wide panel and twin 10" bass drivers.

Absolutely 100% perfect, virtually unused and less than a year since bought from authorised UK dealer. Over 1/3 off new price.

Complete with PBK kit (room correction), original cartons (huge), spikes and soft feet, user manuals, dust covers, etc.

Located in Portsmouth - happy to demonstrate.

Please contact Peter at [email protected]

Here are some photos of the Expression 13As I have for sale. They have been moved to dark storage and covered in their dust covers since my initial trials. They are 100% perfect and as new.

20190225_180352.jpg

20190225_180409.jpg

IMG_5953.JPG

20190325_092104.jpg

GLWS Peter, great speaker IMO, I'm sure they will find a happy home !

How they sound in comparison?

Well the 13As SHOULD sound much better than the 17 year old Avantgarde Unos and they WOULD in most rooms. However, after careful setting up and running the PBK room correction, we considered that the AGs sounded a little better than the MLs.

Having said that, the MLs will certainly sound very much better in a more "normal" listening room - one with a wall behind the speakers. My speakers are mid-room with 12 ft behind one and 15 ft behind the other. Horns have the advantage of directing all their sound forward so they don't need a rear wall. MLs (particularly the current range with forward and rearward facing sub drivers) send as much sound out from the back of the speaker as they do from the front. This sound needs to be harvested - which doesn't happen in open space. Hope that makes sense. It came as a real disappointment (and surprise) to me after having heard how fantastic 13As sound in normal listening rooms. At one showroom I heard them followed by a big Magico system - ML won hands down!

Back