Experiences with Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI and ML 13a

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCollins

Reaction score
I am looking to purchase a new amplifier very soon. There are a few amplifiers of interest. I currently have a NAD M2 and Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum, that I will move on. My room is 17ft x 13ft x 9ft. I am considering a Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI as an all in one solution. There are a few other amplifiers on my short list e.g. Sanders Magtech, Benchmark AHB2, Audia Flight FLS9, ARC VSI75 but would like to know if anyone has experienced problems using the Devialet amplifier on active ESL. Thanks.

Based on the results of this: Search results for query: Devialet

It looks like from this thread: Right amp for the Montis

Reports positive results with an ESL.

But for that kind of money, a Sanders makes more sense to me if just looking at it as an amp.

But a 220 Pro is an Integrated system, basically a power DAC, and seems to be a very clean one-box solution for a straight-up 2ch system.

Thank you for your reply. I have trawled through a lot of different forums online looking for user experiences. It seems that some users experienced issues with the Devialet 200/400 Experts on ESL, however I haven't found much noise/dissatisfaction out there in relation to users experiences with the 220/440, which is a positive sign.

Hello J

I am a long time user of various ML
And I am using Devialet 400 (= 2 x 200) as „All in one“ with digital and Analogue sources
They work stable - both in Dual Mono as well as with bi amping into ESl and Woofer

I am using them with a still working pair of ML Quest z and ReQuest (with improved Crossover )
The ReQuest needs quite more ower for same level and the Devialet has no problem with this effort
Depending on required output the 220 pro will do - especially with active Bass speakers like Summit

And the Magtech seems to deliver a lot of power (in my opinion a bit too much)

best regards
J

Thank you. Great to get your 'real world' experience using Devialet as I had read on some forums, individuals experiencing issues, particularly with the 200 and 400 set ups. I have however just purchased today before seeing your post, Hypex NCore 1200 mono blocks. I was looking to go class A/B Sanders Magtech, which I think would have been great, but have gone in a different direction. At the time of the post, I was looking at buying a Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI but will go with separates now.

Hi J
I can confirm that Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI work superbly with ML Summit X and now 13A. In UK they are relatively affordable all in one solution producing very low distortion and great transparency into man speakers including ESL's.
best wishes Dave

Run Devialet Expert Pro 1000 into 13A's. Using Roon Nucleus, Tidal and Hi Definition downloads as source.
Superb on Jazz Club, Vocal, Intimate material, when I'm playing some real big orchestral pieces or heavy rock It can get a bit messy. Have not identified cause. Don't think its the Devialet.
Recently I added Balance Force 210 Sub there was a massive improvement.

Back