Exact Differences between Summit & Summit X?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is no need to bi wire the summits. Basically the upper post goes to the panel and the lower to the amps. I will upload a picture of the xover tomorrow to show you how it works.
Right. I was merely mentioning that they could be bi wired in response to an earlier post. FWIW, I have not found the need to bi wire mine.

No real benefit to bi-wiring a semi-active speaker in the first place, so it makes sense they dropped the extra binding post.
The active crossover for the bass section is just sampling the signal on the speaker-level input, hardly any load whatsoever. Then it goes through an electronic crossover (some models with additional DSP as well) and into the on-board amp for the woofer(s).

No real benefit to bi-wiring a semi-active speaker in the first place, so it makes sense they dropped the extra binding post.
The active crossover for the bass section is just sampling the signal on the speaker-level input, hardly any load whatsoever. Then it goes through an electronic crossover (some models with additional DSP as well) and into the on-board amp for the woofer(s).
Jonfo : thank u for that explanation on how the summits crossover works in controlling the bass signal going to the amps.

Honestly I think the Summit and Summit X were so way before their time, I absolutely loved their balance. Just saying !

Back