Ever turned your Aerius upside down....

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caspyr

Reaction score
...and mounted them on the wall as surrounds?

I am thinking about mounting them upside down on the wall, with a diffuser behind the panels.

I realize that they prefer to be away from the wall, but as a surround I am not using them to their potential anyway.

This way I only need scripts for use as back channel to upgrade to 7.1.

Caspyr, I don't have Aerius's,but I do have my Script i's mounted upside down in my theater setup. I experimented with many different placements before settling on the upside down placement.This puts the panels at ear level without having to mount them close to the floor.

Caspyr, I don't have Aerius's,but I do have my Script i's mounted upside down in my theater setup. I experimented with many different placements before settling on the upside down placement.This puts the panels at ear level without having to mount them close to the floor.

Ah Ha! :rolleyes: I was going to ask about what having them upside down had to do with it - now I get it thanks.

Last edited:
Unusual ML Speaker Mounting Practices...

Robin has done better than that... chech her system's pix...
Caspyr & lugano,

Over this past year, having my Script i's flying above me, I have noticed so much more surround dynamic social-effects sound details as well as musical newonce background for my HT. I love how my Script i's sound as they are now. :D I have not had to tweak them very much at all. I have increased the volume to them a little more. I find most of the sound I hear from my Script i's is all from the electrostatic pannels mostly, which is expected as I have all of the bass sent to my Descent anyway.

I should think a pair of Aerius's mounted upsidedown, as long as the electrostatic pannels are mounted at or about ear level or pointed / angled to the listeners, they would sound excellent. Provided of course most of your bass is directed to your subwoofer for HT... ;)

I have a set of Scripts for my surrounds now. I was thinking about inverting another set of Scripts for the back surrounds, hoping for a fuller sound being created by this setup.

Unfortunatley my wife would not go for the "flying" surround setup, but it totally makes sense that the dipole effects would be amplified in that configuration.

Dan

Back