ESL15A Break in

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
During the break-in period mine were playing at 85-90dB SPL for weeks. The first week I played music at that level for most of 24 hours a day, except for normal tv viewing. If they are playing at a lower volume, then break-in will take longer.

I agree with all of the previous posters. You room is a VERY difficult room with the various openings. Also I don't know how big the room is in total but putting gargantuan speakers in a medium sized room can (but not always) create problems too. I along with many have found non-traditional toe in to give the perfect sound. I have lots of toe in, probably 30 to 35 degrees on one speaker and 25 on the other. I can put Whitney Huston singing in my apartment. She sounds like she is standing where my TV sits. It is very nice. I would try LOTs of tweaking with toe in and tilt. Also, you may have lost some pleasing distortion that most people like to listen too. These big speakers in that room are most likely barely using any power so there is very, very low distortion but extreme accuracy. You will probably be happy with the ARC treatment. It should improve the sound quite a bit. Tweaking position is free and can take months to do. But it is part of the fun too. Remember there is no "one way" to set things up. What sounds awesome to you is all that matters. Good Luck on your journey. :)

Did you try toeing in the speakers? That would help ameliorate the open space behind the left speaker and the open space to the right speaker. I would try to aim them so that more or less the rear of the speaker fires into each corner as a starting point, and then fine tune from there. Moving them out anpther foot or so would also help. Pointing the speakes straight ahead will give a larger and more diffuse soundstage, while toein can give you a smaller souunstage but more focus on the images. How high do you sit in your listening position? Most people's ears are around 39 inches or so off the ground. Also, I realize space is at a premium in Parisian apartments, sometimes compromises have to be made.

Thanks but I am talking about sweetness and silky in MEDIUM of the new pannels ESL15A vs the old ones Prodigy. Not bass or Soundstage... Yes Parisian lofts in Paris are smaller than some in US. And when we think about japonese room size in Tokyo !!! Hi, hi...

Back