Endorsement for Jim Powers

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garmtz

Reaction score
I had some problems installing my Stage center speaker the last days. I first thought the bolts that were delivered with the package were not big enough, but after some emails with Jim Powers, it turned out I did not install the toggle plugs correctly... :eek:

Just an endorsement from me for the great service of Mr. Jim Powers from MartinLogan. Not only were my mails answered very swiftly, the solution was quickly found and new parts were sent to me for free. Now that is what I call service! I wish all companies were like this! We would have a lot less dissatisfied consumers!

Any other people that have some great experiences with the service from ML and Jim in particular?

When I took delivery of my Summits I found that my NuForce Ref9 monoblocks would not trigger the Summit. I contacted ML and was connected to Jim. He is a true gentleman to deal with, which one doesn't find all that frequently in the a/v business anymore.

Jim provided for the parts to be sent to my dealer and to have the dealer do an in-home modification. He even followed up with a call the week after the work was done. Jim's high level of caring, professional service is what I now judge everyone else by.

I second that endorsement. I've been a long-time owner of Aerius i's. And I recently became the owner of a used pair of Aeon i's. However, for whatever reason, the small rectangular pieces of plastic on the back of the panels were removed. These help with the dispersion of sound of certain frequency ranges. I have the pieces but did not know what positions to stick them back on. Mr. Power answered my emails swiftly and sent me a diagram of the position of the plastic pieces. The adhesives on a couple of the plastic pieces were ruined, and Mr. Power even offered to send them to me free of charge. Great service indeed.

Last edited:
The salesman from Sound Advice and the local Martin Logan rep replaced one of my Summit stator panels in my living room on Saturday. I'm quite pleased with the level of service from both companies.

regards
Adrian

I also second this. On three occasions over many years I've called or exchanged emails with Jim and found him and the organization he represents to be very supportive of our needs.

On the one hand, one expects this level of service given the prices we pay for our products, but on the other, it is refreshing to see individuals live up to and exceed our expectations as Jim does.

Kudos.

I'd like to add that if you have gotten good service from Jim or other ML people, write a letter to upper management and let them know. That kind of stuff figures prominently in things like bonuses, etc. Note: physical letters tend to carry more weight than emails, because they do take more effort to write and send.

When you do get good service somewhere, it's meaningful to let management know that, since more often than not, they're mainly getting complaints..

wipper snapper said:
The salesman from Sound Advice and the local Martin Logan rep replaced one of my Summit stator panels in my living room on Saturday. I'm quite pleased with the level of service from both companies.

regards
Adrian
They should have replaced the whole damm speaker. Ridiculous to be repairing something this expensive when it is so new

DrJRapp said:
When I took delivery of my Summits I found that my NuForce Ref9 monoblocks would not trigger the Summit. I contacted ML and was connected to Jim. He is a true gentleman to deal with, which one doesn't find all that frequently in the a/v business anymore.

Jim provided for the parts to be sent to my dealer and to have the dealer do an in-home modification. He even followed up with a call the week after the work was done. Jim's high level of caring, professional service is what I now judge everyone else by.

I had the same problem with my Summits. I was initially driving them with a TACT 2175 integrated and the TACT wouldn't work. So the solution was to remove the ground pins from the Summit's power cords - presto, they worked. I have since replaced the TACT with the ARC pre and a Classe power amp. The Classe activiates the Summits no problems.

I have found Mr. Powers to be very knowedgeble and very helpful!

In response to Rif's point about relace versus fix: I prefer to fix rather than replace when only one thing seems to be wrong and it is an "easy" fix. This avoids getting a number of new issues if the replacment is not what it should be. This is a general observation- not only for ML.
However it is an intersting thought replacing abut new expensive cars after 6 months if a wind shield wiper goes bad.

Just a thought.

Joel

Back