Electromotion esl panel isn't working . Please help!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silver305

Reaction score
Hi there,
I recently purchased a used set of electromotion esl's and one of them has almost no sound coming from the panel. iVe tried switching power supplies, speaker cables, outlets, amplifiers, vacuuming it, you name it and I can't hear much sound unless I put my year to it. The blue light does come on.
Please help. ..

maybe those of you who had issues similar to mine can tell me what martin logan had you guys do in order to see if the problem can be resolved? i have tried looking on this site and nothing..

Silver,

It could be the power supply.

I suggest you calm down and call ML service in the AM. Of course, you can follow beanbag's incomprehensible, stupid comment and go play hockey or whatever he / she is suggesting.

GG

Last edited:
What makes you think it's the power supply and not the panel itself? The speakers will be exactly two years old on the 30th of this month. ...

I suggest you calm down and call ML service in the AM. Of course, you can follow beanbag's incomprehensible, stupid comment and go play hockey or whatever he / she is suggesting.

GG[/QUOTE]

Hola. When you have a dead panel, usually it is the PSU and not the panel. When you have a panel issue, parts of the panel is weak or dead but not all the panel. To service it, it is very easy task. Just call ML service dept, and they will guide to you to find the culprit of your problem. Gordon is suggesting to you to do this, and calm down...you will have back soon your beloved ML sound. Remember to send the serial number of your Electromotion. Also, too, you have five year warranty from the factory. Happy listening!

I do not know about that...just contact ML service dept, and give them the serial No of your not working Electromotion. Just say that you have an Electromotion problem. And say that you do not find the original invoice. Service is the most important tool at the sale's link. Do not worry, you will have service and support! Call Dana or write to him [email protected].

If you want to be sure what it is the problem, just lay down on the side the speaker, and take off the bottom. There you have access to the electronics. The PSU (Power supply unit) is a small pc board. You can track the AC cables from the power input connector. These cables goes to the board. Make a drawing of the cables array to the board, and swap the boards from the other speaker. Also check the cables coming from the panel. If the red is loose, then that it is the reason why it is not working. Three colors of the stat panel: Red, it is the bias high voltage, blue it is the front stator, and black it is the rear stator. Happy listening!

Last edited:
Back