DVDO iscan HD+ or Faroudja dvp 1080?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris03053

Reaction score
Has anybody compared both units? The price diffrence is big, but do they work good on HD BIG SCREENS, PLASMAS,DLP,LCOS,LCD or are they ment for Front projectors?

Any video display will benefit from an external scalier, the unfortunate truth is display manufactures will use a lesser scalier to cut costs. The DVDO is a good entry level scalier; the Faroudja dvp 1080 is the better scalier but your going to pay for it.

DVDO has a new scalier coming out buy the end of this year, that will replace the iScan HD+. I don’t know much about it yet other then it will have HDMI inputs and one output. DVDO should unveil it at CEDIA.

Joe

Also . . .

Watch out for the new range from Meridian.

This is because Meridian have just announced a major commercial tie-up with Farouja (I think that reading between the lines Meridian have bought Faroudja), so expect some seriously good kit from the new range in the next year or so!

Cheers,

David

What i like about the DVDO is it has more inputs then the Faroudja. For that kind of cash they whant for the Faroudja, throw some extra inputs it wont kill you. People have more than one DVD player or HD source.

What you could do is use your receiver/ pre-amp as the video switcher, run the “video out” from the pre-amp to the Faroudja, and out to your display.

I do agree for that kind of money it should damn near cook you breakfast.

Zip3kx07 said:
What you could do is use your receiver/ pre-amp as the video switcher, run the “video out” from the pre-amp to the Faroudja, and out to your display.

I do agree for that kind of money it should damn near cook you breakfast.
Thanks Zip for the info. I didn't think of that one. You're THE MAN!! Now if i start saving maybe i can get it for Xmas....2009.

Latest posts

Back