Dusty House

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtwrace

Reaction score
OK. I know this is off topic and crazy but so am I. Just ask Ian the new owner of my ML Quest Z. I have a heat pump for my heat and A/C. My question is does anyone have problems with dust in their house? I replace my intake filters every two months with upgraded ones. Any unit or anything that can help? I have those Sharper Image Ionic Breezes and they do not do much with dust. Any advice on spending my money? Not that I need any....:D

OK. I know this is off topic and crazy but so am I. Just ask Ian the new owner of my ML Quest Z. I have a heat pump for my heat and A/C. My question is does anyone have problems with dust in their house? I replace my intake filters every two months with upgraded ones. Any unit or anything that can help? I have those Sharper Image Ionic Breezes and they do not do much with dust. Any advice on spending my money? Not that I need any....:D

Vacuum well to keep the dust away! I use a Dyson which works really well. I also keep my A/C filters spotless and don't have any problems.

If your house is under negative pressure(more supply air leaks than return air leaks) that can add to the dust problem. Chances are the dust you're dealing with never makes it to the air filter. Depending on the "upgraded" filter you're using if you have return duct leaks the "upgraded " filter will cause more unfiltered air to be introduced into your house. One easy test to see if the dust is coming through the duct system is to put some cheese cloth behind the suspect grills (registers) for a week or two. This is sight unseen so some or none may apply to your home.

Regards
Adrian

Back