Draining the electrostatic charge pior to vacuuming

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scumurculum

Reaction score
While at the showroom purchasing my AEON i,s my salesman mentioned the need to vacuum the dust on a regular basis.

However he suggested a quicker way to drain the charge was to rather than leave them unconnected to power overnight, instead turn the power off then play music through it for a few seconds to drain the charge.

Would this be ok to do?

It works, but it takes a LOT longer than a few seconds to discharge the panels, more on the order of an hour or two.

I remember in the early manuals (Sequel II, for example) the user was cautioned not to run the speakers without being plugged into the power supply. It was said that this might be a possible source of damage. Does anyone know if this is still true?

aliveatfive said:
I remember in the early manuals (Sequel II, for example) the user was cautioned not to run the speakers without being plugged into the power supply. It was said that this might be a possible source of damage. Does anyone know if this is still true?
No problem, the only thing is that the panels would be not be working, but no harm to them. Only the woofers will be. Happy listening,
Roberto.

Back