Dr. Ford v Judge Cavanaugh; Who

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was referring to the statement by Brad and others like Senator Graham and, of course, our dear president. No offense intended Brad. :cool:

And I'm not implying that the Judge should be guilty until proven innocent. The process (classic Washington sausage making) has been completed and it is time to move on.

People wanted closure to this issue and my take is that no one, absent the principal players, MAY know the truth of what actually occurred.

Regarding Diane Feinstein, my take is that she honored Dr. Ford's request and it was Dr. Ford who decided to talk to the press after she was confronted by numerous reporters (one posed as a student attending one of her classes) regarding the allegations.

No offense taken Gordon.

Dr Ford created the publicity problem by telling the press and the Democrats. I personally thing they threw her under the bus to try to stop the process.

I may be wrong but I never heard that anyone but the committee would go to California to hear her testimony. Her attorneys never told her they would come to her according to her testimony.

Her husband statement was that the second front door was installed long before she stated in her testimony so she does have some issues with her recall assuming he is telling the truth.

At one point she was testifying about being in therapy with her husband and that was when the statement to her therapist about the assault came up. She then went on to day that they were in therapy over remodeling they were doing to their house. My wife and I have done a lot of work on houses we were living in i will be the first to say it can be stressful at times.
To go to therapy for home renovations and talk about an attempt to rape you years before seems a bit strange to me.

Gordon, I'm sorry that you feel ashamed of those of us that didn't find that Brett committed the act that she remembers. We have obviously have missed something with our decision.

Could you please tell us what evidence there is that Brett committed the act that Dr Ford accused him of that makes you think he should not be on the Supreme Court. Had they comeback with some corroboration that he may have been in the room that night I think all of us would have a different feeling about this.

Do you think that if Sen. Feinstein had gone to Sen. Grassey early on and presented the evidence this would have worked out much better for Dr Ford, Brett Kavanaugh and the American public? It was said Dr Ford didn't want anyone to know who she was.
She got talked into using the Katz law firm and taking a polygraph test so how would meeting in private with the committee be an issue?

There has to be a way for people with different political beliefs to exist together relatively peacefully. It is common place for people to be screamed at and harassed in public at there office and at dinner. In the last year Rand Paul was severely beaten in his front yard. A gunmen tried to shoot 18 Republican Senators and Representatives at a baseball practice.
Unless we all try to find a common ground together this country is going to erupt in a civil war within a few years.

Now, that women that ran for president in 2016 and lost, said in a speech yesterday. " You don't need to be civil to Republicans, they want to destroy everything you believe in.

REALLY?

Hmm. What to gain by this. Why would anyone do this if it were not true.

Roe v Wade
Conservative tilt to the court
Upcoming midterms
metoo

There are people that would take a bullet for any one of the above causes.

No evidence. Try evidence refuted. This was a 'they said she said'.

California AND a university professor. Huh, wonder what her political leanings are.
Paid protestors - one getting in Flakes face.
Bogus stories spoken by Dem senators as if they were truth
Gang rape stories.
Fights on a boat
Showing your junk
High school yearbook fodder
Alyssa Milano front and center. How much power does it gain a movement to take down a Supreme Court nominee?
Delay by feinsteins office. Leak of letter by someone in that side
Refusal to meet in private. Better to try to garner more votes for the midterm elections in a public forum
Lawyers appointed by the Dems right?
An additional fbi investigation
The ability to delay the seat until possibly a Dem senate and Dem president in 2020 based on midterms
And of course - the fbi investigation - the 7th was rigged. But Comey tells only the truth. They needed even more time. Even after all of the named people at the party said they recalled nothing like this. Her friend even refuted it.

How could anyone think there was something shady going on?

The Dems are usually way slicker than this. I'm disappointed. It's not just the testimony that I build my opinion on - but everything surrounding it , the circumstances, and the criticality of this seat for either side of the aisle.

You know - one more thing. You gotta ask why did Kennedy choose to retire before the midterms ? My guess is he wanted to beat Ginsburg to the punch. And I'm not sure her health is up to par. The elephant in the room is Ginsburg.

Last edited:
No offense taken Gordon.

Unless we all try to find a common ground together this country is going to erupt in a civil war within a few years.

Thanks for understanding Brad. This thread was about the very topic you raise. Don't know if we succeeded or not but kudos to everyone that tried.

Now, that women that ran for president in 2016 and lost, said in a speech yesterday. " You don't need to be civil to Republicans, they want to destroy everything you believe in.

REALLY?

What a vile human being. That's a thinly veiled call for violence, basically. Only a complete psychopath can do something like that.

Thanks for understanding Brad. This thread was about the very topic you raise. Don't know if we succeeded or not but kudos to everyone that tried.

The problem I see is that within each group are people have a win at all costs mentality and who do things that none of us approve of.

Then we group everyone on the other side under this non-representative group excluding forum members of course.

I HATE the current two party system and don't think either side represents me well.

I also feel that I have to vote blue in November because the GOP is off the rails right now with no restraint of Trump.

Under normal circumstances the vast majority of this country would consider Trump completely unfit for that office, but because of politics making everything a My Team vs. Your Team situation, there is never a win for Our Team ( the whole country ). It becomes one side forcing their will on the other side vs. finding a compromise that works for the majority.

This is very broken.

The next election is going to be pivotal, but I'm extremely worried about the aftermath.

Let's say that Congress changes leadership in one or both houses. How ugly do you think things will get with Trump continually TWEETING about how he is being persecuted by the Democrats. He will resort to dehumanizing anyone who doesn't agree with him and he is a very vindictive person.

I keep waiting for this to hit rock bottom, but I look to Mexico and see how many politicians are gunned down and realize there is still a long way to go and we haven't stopped falling into the abyss towards something approaching a Civil War.

This is an interesting article, "The Rich White Civil War" It basically contradicts what I just said.

What it points out is that 2/3 of the country falls into the "exhausted majority" who consider BOTH political correctness and hate speech a problem and who want more compromise.

The most vocal and divided are also the wealthiest.

This article claims there is not a 50/50 split in this country and it is really a 8% vs 6% of the population fighting each other with the rest not nearly as polarized. I hope they are right. Sadly since this includes the entire top 10% of the country that have all the power and money, I'm not sure the majority in this country will be able to stop this polarization.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/15/opinion/politics-race-white-tribalism.html

Under normal circumstances the vast majority of this country would consider Trump completely unfit for that office, but because of politics making everything a My Team vs. Your Team situation, there is never a win for Our Team ( the whole country ). It becomes one side forcing their will on the other side vs. finding a compromise that works for the majority.

-----------

Mark, when, do you think is the last time we had "normal circumstances" in our country. Our founding fathers time?

Donald Trump is popular with the average person because he stands behind his promises and many feel for the first time someone actually listening to them and are looking out for their interest.

He is not concerned about whether he is loved by all or will not be re-elected. He is doing what he thinks will help the country and as many people as possible.

I don't think there is another person in public office that could have stood up to the onslaught of one sided media coverage and BS political assaults as he has.

I realize you dislike him a great deal. I still wish sometimes he would keep his mouth shut but that is who he is. I don't know of anyone including myself, that wanted him as President during the primaries.

There are many here that have an extreme disliked for President Obama but did you see many anti Obama threads started here? Once he was elected, he was my president and I could only hope for the best.

I personally would not put any faith in an article in the N.Y. Times. It has been shown recently, they will print most anything without even properly verifying the facts.

Your buddy Taylor Swift didn't do anything to help Gov. Bredesen in the poles. Quite a swing for Blackburn after Swift's comment post Kavanaugh decision.

Sorry, but I do enjoy when Hollywood/Entertainment people open their big yap and fail. I feel that on all sides of the political spectrum. They are there to entertain us not lecture with their self importance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back