Double run of Nordost Blue Heaven?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jazzplayer

Reaction score
I know several here are running Nordost Blue Heaven. I have 4m lenghts, in biwire configuration. The single wire version of the same cable just has a single set of connections at the speaker end.

I do not need more than 2 m lengths after getting my room setup fixed. Any opinions on cutting the cables in two, and reterminate, to run 2 single lengths to the same speaker? This will give more wire gauge per speaker element - to a sonic benefit?

My amp has two set of speaker terminals. I plan to upgrade these as well.

Anyone tried??

Regards,
Svein

Jazzplayer said:
I know several here are running Nordost Blue Heaven. I have 4m lenghts, in biwire configuration. The single wire version of the same cable just has a single set of connections at the speaker end.

I do not need more than 2 m lengths after getting my room setup fixed. Any opinions on cutting the cables in two, and reterminate, to run 2 single lengths to the same speaker? This will give more wire gauge per speaker element - to a sonic benefit?

Anyone tried??

Regards,
Svein

I would leave them at a minimum of 3m if you plan on cutting them. However, I personally don't think you'll have or hear any sonic problems/differences by leaving them at 4m. I'm running 3m.

If your decision is based on aesthetics then go to a Nordost dealer and have them reterminate them...it's not expensive to do.

I meant - have any of you tried running double lengths of Nordost Blue Heavens rather than biwire? Sorry if this was unclear!
Svein

I did that with some high end cables when I switched from a stereo amp to monoblocks. Works out very nicely, unless you then sell those monoblocks and go back to stereo...

Jazzplayer said:

Anyone tried??

Regards,
Svein

Go for it. External biwiring is superior to interior biwiring. Plus, you will be ready for bi-amping. Theat is where a subtle difference changes to a distinct difference.

I have never heard great benefits of bi-wire with either my Aeons nor with my Vantages. I would rather advise to upgrade to a better single-wire cable if you feel the need to upgrade. Are you dissatisfied with the sound you are getting now?

garmtz said:
I have never heard great benefits of bi-wire with either my Aeons nor with my Vantages. I would rather advise to upgrade to a better single-wire cable if you feel the need to upgrade. Are you dissatisfied with the sound you are getting now?

No, I am fairly happy with the sound, but things can always get better. And yes, I have been thinking of the bi-amp route. Will happen some time in the future. I am trying to find a pair of used biwire Nordost SPM's, but that has proven difficult here in Norway. I like the Nordost cables with Logans, seems to be a good match.

I have to disagree on the biwiring, there is clearly a benefit in my system. Actually most speakers I have heard that allow for biwiring I have found sounds better that way. The single wire has to get a good bit more expensive to be superior, and is usually not cost-effective in my experience.

Svein

Back