Double CLS 11Z

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Double CLS

One more thing to consider about double CLS is their cost factor.
Used CLS speakers are selling pretty cheap right now,you could probably double up and still have money in the bank instead of going with an elaborate cross-over sub woofer set up.
I wish there was some way to have interested parties hear this set up(I live in Canada) and I know this is just a lot of opinionated garbage to those who think this can't work,but work it does.If anyone knows of anybody near them willing to pair up their set with yours,do both yourselves a favour and try this.The more ears that hear what can be done by simply adding an extra pair of panels the better.I have nothing to gain from this.I am just passing on a pretty cheap fix to an already good speaker.I am glad I never let the CLS's short comings get the better of me, and foolishly sell them.Now doubled up I don't notice any short comings at all.

Chuck Lee said:
One more thing to consider about double CLS is their cost factor.
Used CLS speakers are selling pretty cheap right now,you could probably double up and still have money in the bank instead of going with an elaborate cross-over sub woofer set up.
I wish there was some way to have interested parties hear this set up(I live in Canada) and I know this is just a lot of opinionated garbage to those who think this can't work,but work it does.If anyone knows of anybody near them willing to pair up their set with yours,do both yourselves a favour and try this.The more ears that hear what can be done by simply adding an extra pair of panels the better.I have nothing to gain from this.I am just passing on a pretty cheap fix to an already good speaker.I am glad I never let the CLS's short comings get the better of me, and foolishly sell them.Now doubled up I don't notice any short comings at all.

Chuck, even though many of us will never be able to hear your setup, I'm sure many would at least like to see it. Can you post pictures here or over in the Members Systems section?

Thanks!

Double CLS

The reason why I like the double pair of CLS is that I get the SAME bass that a single pair deliver,but at the same time I get more room filling bass.Perhaps a better way of putting it is that you don't feel you need to do anything to augment the bass.Trying to get cone woofers to be coherent with any stat let alone a CLS is a real can of worms.Sure you really will get more bass and deeper bass with a cone sub, but it won't be CLS panel bass.You will always know there is cobbled on bass,and that the the bass is coming from somewherelse and not from the CLS.The dipole Gradient was about as close a match as you could get to augment a pair of 63's and that was not a perfect match. The Tympanis 1D would be as close an add on sub as I think you could get for any stat.Or you can double up on the CLS and get more bass presence in the room and live happily ever after.The added benefit is that there are no drawbacks in the rest of the sound either.Just more of the CLS sound,more of the midrange etc.The room fills with sound and you don't notice that anything is wanting.

Back