Don't know Ohm's Law

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holmancv

Reaction score
Would someone explain or direct me to a link that would tell me about amps needing more power to drive amps with lower impedience? My instinct tells me it's analogous to water in that the larger the hose diameter the more water you need to fill the hose??
Thanks
Craig Holman

Ohm's...

holmancv said:
Would someone explain or direct me to a link that would tell me about amps needing more power to drive amps with lower impedience? My instinct tells me it's analogous to water in that the larger the hose diameter the more water you need to fill the hose??
Thanks
Craig Holman
Craig,

I always liked Bob Carver's, "White Paper", explination of how Ohm's effect the current / volts between the amplifier and the speakers. Bob explains it in the 'Tracking Down Converter' process:

http://www.sunfire.com/pdf/sunwhiteall.pdf

Hope this helps... :D

Cheers

-Robin

holmancv said:
My instinct tells me it's analogous to water in that the larger the hose diameter the more water you need to fill the hose??
But if the diameter of the hose is small, it is quite a bit harder to push water through. Think of trying to use a foot-pump to inflate your air mattress through a small hose vs a larger diameter one.

Spike

Back