Do you want to see a CLS Replacement Soon?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you want to see a CLS replacement soon?

• Yes, the sooner the better.

Votes: 25 86.2%
  • No, hybrids are sufficient

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
I would like to see a CLS Xstat.

They say there is a very small market for a full range Electrostatic speaker like the CLS, so maybe at the very least they could update the CLS IIz with a new Limited Edition CLS.

Last edited:
If ML could make a full range Xstat 1/2 the width of the CLSIIz's I bet it would sell like mad. That was the problem with the origional CLS for me. I just didn't have enough room width for the panel size.

Well from the response it seems that there isn't much interest in a CLS replacement. I am surprised.

I believe there is plenty of interests for an XStat panel CLS from people here who are familiar with the CLS.

Trouble with the original CLS is ML stopped making them due to production costs associated with the supply and demand aspect.

Recent inquires have indicated there will not be a new CLS in the near future. But one can only hope...

Dan

I have to concur with Dan since I gave him the info. LOL

I did ask and I was told that it would be very expensive and from a marketing standpoint they probably would not sell enough to make it profitable. I even whined a bit and that didn't work.
We can only hope.
I then tried asking for existing owners to upgrade the panels to the new xStat technology and was told no. I think it would have to be a complete redesign of panel and electronics.

Jeff :(

Jeff Zaret said:
I even whined a bit and that didn't work.
Well there's the problem... you have to lie on your stomach, pound your fists, kick your feet, and scream, then hold your breath until you turn blue :)

Jeff Zaret said:
I have to concur with Dan since I gave him the info. LOL

Ah man...my secret source has been revealed... :D Didn't know if you wanted me to use your name or not.

Okay...I will modify my post... Recent inquires by "Jeff Z." have indicated there will not be a new CLS in the near future.

Via la CLS!!!!

Yes, I definaitely, would like to see ML produce a, 'complete line of CLS's', in different sizes, i. e., Front, Center and Surrounds (Wall mountable, like the Script i).

Quote Dan:
Recent inquires have indicated there will not be a new CLS in the near future. But one can only hope...
Will ML listen to us,.... I think so. :)

We can only hope... ;)

-Robin

SteveInNC,
I can try it but it never worked before for my kids either.

Dan ,
No prob

Will ML listen probably because I know Jim Power and others do occassionaly look here, Will they actually build one?????????????? Not likely :(

Have I gotten other tidbits as far as other futre models, yes but just a little

Jeff :cool:

When I spoke to Jim P. this spring (April?) and asked about where they were on a CLS replacement, he said that they had all been talking about and thought that they might good ahead with one.

SteveInNC said:
Well there's the problem... you have to lie on your stomach, pound your fists, kick your feet, and scream, then hold your breath until you turn blue :)

If a Smurf holds his breath, what color does he turn?

Back