Do you think these tubes will ring?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kach22i

Reaction score
Tube audio design TAD-102 Mono block tube amplified speakers

I've never seen or read about anything like these before, have you?

http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/auc.pl?spkrmoni&1136428620&auc&3&4&
1134275015.jpg

Strange, but if the speaker is tuned just for the amp (or vice versa) - should sound great, right?

TAD-102 Mono Block Tubed speakers...

kach22i said:
Tube audio design TAD-102 Mono block tube amplified speakers

I've never seen or read about anything like these before, have you?

http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/auc.pl?spkrmoni&1136428620&auc&3&4&
1134275015.jpg

Strange, but if the speaker is tuned just for the amp (or vice versa) - should sound great, right?
kack22i,

Well, I've never seen anything like this... :D This speaker is not conducive to a house cat laying on top of it while it is on, correct? It seems the tubes are covered with what looks like a clear plastic cover or guard to protect the tubes from things like curious kitties... :D

Cheers

-Robin

Interesting !!!!!!!!!!!! very Interesting!!!!!!! :cool:

seems like it should sound real good :rolleyes:

Looks like you can buy them from the "Bizzy Bee" guy $300/$600 (imports some Chinese stuff and does mods).

http://www.angelfire.com/biz/bizzyb/TAD-102.html
TAD-102 Tube mono block amplifiers built into speakers! Easy to Order Below
Holiday Sale only $299 - That's 1/2 Price!

TAD-102's consist of EL-84 Mono Block tube amplifiers built inside excellent small bookshelf speakers that include an outstanding Silk Dome Tweeter and a 4" Paper/Wool Non-Magnetic Woofer. The enclosure has a beautiful bright lacquer finish faceplate. Tubes offer a revealing musical presentation. This is the most cost effective high quality entry levle tube amplified product on the planet! Independent plug-in 3-wire power cords, 2 RCA inputs with a selector switch. Front Volume and Power controls. Standard RCA input jacks on the speakers connect to any line level audio source. 6-foot audio cord included, plus a 3.5mm stereo cable adapter to easily connect your PC or MP3 player. Clear Lexan tube covers compliment the glowing tubes. This heavy bookshelf speaker sounds absolutely amazing! Has what some refer to as the "Pulp Sound" - derived from the select paper/wool mid-woofer. The silk dome tweeter delivers smooth accurate highs for easy all day listening. This tube-amplified speaker takes the edginess off of digitally sourced music. Finally Audiophile Grade speakers for your office PC, or any music source you prefer. Specifically designed for the most enjoyable near field listening experience possible.

Hook them up to your computer or directly to the CD player - looking better all the time. Don't blame me if they happen to sound terrible, I only found the advertisement. :cool:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back