Do you keep your boxes?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep all my boxes. However, the Summit boxes are taking up way too much space and are too big for the attic. I could break them down but then I would have to deal with all the internal packaging. I have no plans to sell them anytime soon so the may need to be disposed of. Hate to part with them but oh well, I need the space.

Most folks who sell used Prodigies do not have the boxes anymore because they were huge.

Now get this. I stored the box and packaging stuff for my B&K Fre 50 PrePro and recently had to send the unit in for repair. I carefully packed it back inthe original packaging and factory box to turn it in for service. The local repair facility couldn't fix it and sent it off to the B&K factory for repair. When I finally got it back a month later it was wrapped in bubble wrap with no box! Go fiqure!

MiTT said:
I thought about it Roberto, except they had actually begun to have mold grow on the inside and outside. I didn't want to expose the speakers to any little spores or anything. Should I need to move again someday (not bloody likely if I can help it), I'll make arrangements some other way.

Come to think of it, I hate moving so much that they'll have to haul me outa here in a pine box - in which they can just dump my carcass on a bonfire or landfill somewhere and use the pine box to move the speakers one at a time!
ha, ha, ha, ha :D Tim, you are too much. I think that ML always keeps some boxes for all models. Of course they cost an arm and a leg. But the solution is always there. The other day, I found in a hardware store, a spray can that it is truly a foam that when applied, makes the shape of thing that you want to protect and fills any gap with the thing and the carton box that you are using to cover and protect. First thing I did, was using plastic wrap to all the speaker, put it into the carton box and applied this kind of foam, and in less than 10 minutes, everything was nice and neat...happy listening,
Robertol

roberto said:
ha, ha, ha, ha :D Tim, you are too much. I think that ML always keeps some boxes for all models. Of course they cost an arm and a leg. But the solution is always there. The other day, I found in a hardware store, a spray can that it is truly a foam that when applied, makes the shape of thing that you want to protect and fills any gap with the thing and the carton box that you are using to cover and protect. First thing I did, was using plastic wrap to all the speaker, put it into the carton box and applied this kind of foam, and in less than 10 minutes, everything was nice and neat...happy listening,
Robertol
Seriously, that is the route I would probably go. At my company we have a big machine that does what the small can you were describing does - it's called Foam-in-Place. We ship literally miles of lighting fixtures everyday in various lengths, so the shipping team is always constructing new box's from a variety of standard sizes and utilizing the foam-in-place to keep everything safe and secure. You wouldn't believe the amount of freight damage we used to have prior to using this method.

Roberto, looking forward to meeting you on your trip to Denver the week after next!

MiTT said:
Seriously, that is the route I would probably go. At my company we have a big machine that does what the small can you were describing does - it's called Foam-in-Place. We ship literally miles of lighting fixtures everyday in various lengths, so the shipping team is always constructing new box's from a variety of standard sizes and utilizing the foam-in-place to keep everything safe and secure. You wouldn't believe the amount of freight damage we used to have prior to using this method.

Roberto, looking forward to meeting you on your trip to Denver the week after next!
Thanks Tim..see you there for sure...can you pm your phone number again? I lost it by accident...!!!Thanks a lot my friend,
Roberto.

roberto said:
Thanks Tim..see you there for sure...can you pm your phone number again? I lost it by accident...!!!Thanks a lot my friend,
Roberto.
Just sent them via PM.

Latest posts

Back