Do the new AirFrame designs allow DIY panel washing/replacement?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleepysurf

Reaction score
Just wondering if the new "AirFrame" XStat models offer DIY disassembly for "washing" or replacement of the stat panels, as do the older ML designs? I have 7 year old Aerius i's, and am planning to upgrade to the Vantage (or possibly the Vistas). However, I'm wondering if I'd be giving up the ability to someday "re-invigorate" my speakers by showering and reassembling the panels.

I know the amp units in the new models can be (relatively) easily replaced, but haven't heard anything about the stators themselves.

Anybody know?

sleepysurf said:
Just wondering if the new "AirFrame" XStat models offer DIY disassembly for "washing" or replacement of the stat panels, as do the older ML designs? I have 7 year old Aerius i's, and am planning to upgrade to the Vantage (or possibly the Vistas). However, I'm wondering if I'd be giving up the ability to someday "re-invigorate" my speakers by showering and reassembling the panels.

I know the amp units in the new models can be (relatively) easily replaced, but haven't heard anything about the stators themselves.

Anybody know?

While I’ve not inspected one closely, I’d have to guess that they definitely support panel removal.

The manufacturing process also requires an assembly approach of separate components, and I’d doubt they’d bond certain elements together permanently. What if one of the panels is DOA during QA at the factory?
They need to be able to replace those.

It probably is not as straightforward as the old rail system. It likely requires removal of the aluminum structure from the woofer base, then unscrewing the front and backs of the frames to free the panels.

Then you can have your way with the panels in the shower…

Last edited:
Back