DIY Cable Lifters

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomDac

former MLO owner/operator
Reaction score
[size=+2]DIY Cable lifters[/size]
Sent in by Abe Revilla on April 17, 2003
Just wanna share my DIY cable lifters that I use for my ML powercords, speaker cables and ICs.

Materials: Cane Butler 3pc/set.............$0.99
Ceramic Tea cups.................................$0.49 / cup
Wood (1/4x1 3/4x 6 ft.)........................$2.59
Paint......................................................optional

Cost per lift(big).....~ $1.00 small.....~$0.89

<CENTER>

</CENTER>Cane Butlers are plastic cane holders (with dual sided tape) that can be stuck on walls to "clip-hold" or secure the canes vertically (of course). You probably saw it in barbershops, department stores, convenience stores, etc. when you were not in the Audiophile/Audiotweaks state of mind yet.

Rather than spend an obscene amount on those commercial ceramic cable elevators, I decided to just use the original version of those things--BIG telephone pole insulators. I watched EBAY for a few weeks, and was able to score about a dozen of them for under $40. For less than the price of 4 of the "new" ones, I was able to get enough to string a room-full of speaker cables...

--Richard C.

Here are some pics of my "telephone pole Cable Elevators"...

The multi-colored bands holding the cables into the grooves of the tops of the insulators are silicone bracelets (like those embossed ones that kids wear). I got them bulk (2 packs of 100) on Ebay for REAL cheap...

Attachments

• CableEls-001.jpg
    CableEls-001.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 2,061
  • CableEls-002.jpg
    CableEls-002.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 1,908

Latest posts

Back