Dig Down Deep... Devilishly Deep... Behold Other Subterranean Subwoofers Out There...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin

Reaction score
I know there is a world beyond Martin Logan's wonderful Descent subwoofer... :p Other subwoofers in many cases are as good or much better, at a reasonabe prices as well. Here are some subwoofers examples which do reach the musical depths of the deepest sonic notes on the planet...

Beginning with the amazing ~ Velodyne's Digital Signature 1812... :D

Attachments

• Velodyne Digital Signature edition 1812.jpg
    Velodyne Digital Signature edition 1812.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 971
Shoreview's ~ Paradigm 12 Subwoofer...

:p Paradigm a subsidiary of Shoreview Industries (Also ML's Parent company) produces a powerful subwoofer called the Seismic 12...

Attachments

• Paradigm Seismic12.jpg
    Paradigm Seismic12.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 543
Paradigm Seimic 12 Continued...

:) The interior of the Seimic 12 subwoofer....

Attachments

• Seismic12_cutaway.jpg
    Seismic12_cutaway.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 560
Deep ~ REL Stentor III...

The downward firering REL Stentor III... ;)

Attachments

• REL - stentor_iii.jpg
    REL - stentor_iii.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 545
Marvelously Powerful ~ Sunfire's True Subwoofer...

OK the 2700 watt powered True Subwoofer Signature with Equalization is deep really Deep... :D

Attachments

• Sunfire - TrueSubwooferEQSigPR.jpg
    Sunfire - TrueSubwooferEQSigPR.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 563
Outrageous Acapella Trio's...

The Subwoofer Horns are in the center... Yes, Those Huge Silver beautiful curvey things... :D A tad out of most regular folks price range though... ;)

Attachments

• Acapella trio Bass horns.jpg
    Acapella trio Bass horns.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 549
Dig down deep

If you own a pair of CLS get another pair and set them up alongside the first pair; wire correctly and you will have more coherent bass that is true dipole panel bass from 2 pair of CLS.Much better bass than when one pair is mated to the Depth which is how I used to listen. No more subs for me except for HT.The whole sound field opens up and you don't hear the speakers as much as you hear the music fill the room.Not a loudness thing, just more of a good thing.You won't find a sub that will improve the bass and improve on the rest of the spectrum as a second pair of CLS will.I will never listen to music any other way than thru 2 pair of CLS.As more people are exposed to my system I will post their reactions.I think I have finally got it right.Martin Logan should re-think the single panel full range sound minus the cone drivers,who cares about small footprint.Look at the SoundLabs,there is a market when only great sound is the goal.

Chuck Lee said:
Look at the SoundLabs,there is a market when only great sound is the goal.

Yet, ML's market is probably 5 times that of the Soundlab market.

There's a reason why ML has the hybrids... and why ML is bringing back the CLS ala CLX.

JOey

Robin said:
I know there is a world beyond Martin Logan's wonderful Descent subwoofer... :p Other subwoofers in many cases are as good or much better, at a reasonabe prices as well. Here are some subwoofers examples which do reach the musical depths of the deepest sonic notes on the planet...

Beginning with the amazing ~ Velodyne's Digital Signature 1812... :D
attachment.php

Robin...

By hook or by crook, I will get that sub or its replacement one day. 1812.... augggghhhhhh *drool*.

Joey

TC is a decent company. I know them from the car audio world..... I'd wait a few years on them as they get their new business practices in order ;)

Rubblers ~ SVS Subwoofers...

:D The SVS PB12-Ultra/2 amazing subwoofer... :wow:

Attachments

• Front View - SVS - PB12-Ultra2.jpg
    Front View - SVS - PB12-Ultra2.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 1,850
  • SVS Subwoofer - PB12-Ultra2 - Rear View.jpg
    SVS Subwoofer - PB12-Ultra2 - Rear View.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 1,944
The Astounding ~ Velodyne Digital Drive DD-18

:devil: Velodyne's Digital Drive DD-18 is mega quick bass which can hold-up the Deep-End of the ocean and then some.... :devil:

Attachments

• Velodyne Digital Drive Series - DD-18-BG.jpg
    Velodyne Digital Drive Series - DD-18-BG.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 1,772

Latest posts

Back