Diffusion/Absorption or both?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ejspain

Reaction score
Understand everyone's setup will be different but wanted to know; as a general rule, what everyone else are doing?

1. Are you diffusing or aborbing behind your electrostats?

2. Are you diffusing or absorbing at the rear of your room?

3. Are you diffusing front and back and absorbing sides and ceiling?

Last edited:
Hi, I use RPG skyline quite a bit. I use it behind the TV and on many walls. I did not buy enough to finish the job, but it made a noticeable difference and I never followed up on buying the last few boxes of it. I pull down the blinds for diffusion on the 3 window sections and opposing wall on the left of the photo. The back wall is about 40 feet from the front wall so I don't care about the back wall.
I am basically trying to get a nearfield experience with full size speakers and let the rest of the house not matter. I managed to get room lock even though the space is open to about 5,000 square feet.

Attachments

• 2022-12-01 11.06.34 lr.jpg
    2022-12-01 11.06.34 lr.jpg
    693.7 KB · Views: 0
Hi, I use RPG skyline quite a bit. I use it behind the TV and on many walls. I did not buy enough to finish the job, but it made a noticeable difference and I never followed up on buying the last few boxes of it. I pull down the blinds for diffusion on the 3 window sections and opposing wall on the left of the photo. The back wall is about 40 feet from the front wall so I don't care about the back wall.
I am basically trying to get a nearfield experience with full size speakers and let the rest of the house not matter. I managed to get room lock even though the space is open to about 5,000 square feet.
Nice! I bet it sounds amazing!

Duke, How long have you been running 2 pair of CLS's?
Maybe you told me and I forgot.

If I am ever in the area I WILL be knocking on your door. Just letting you know.

Many more comments on a newer post with these exact questions by the OP here: Absorption or Diffusion?

Locking this one to prevent further difussion of the topic (lame pun, I know).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back