Did my 13a's just appreciate in value?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbill

Reaction score
I bought mine used and ML just increased the price to $18,000.

Neoliths are now a cool $120,000. That's a 50% increase since release price. I wonder how many they've sold?

Hard to say. With used it's going to be mostly supply vs demand I think. If it's like most other things, I'd say value may go up. Inflation here in the US is about 10% year over year.

I bought mine used and ML just increased the price to $18,000.
I also wonder about what happens to used values when a substantial price increase happens.

Neoliths are now a cool $120,000. That's a 50% increase since release price. I wonder how many they've sold?
I was at my local dealer a couple days ago and asked how many Neolith sales they've had. My sales guy wasn't exactly sure, but said they've sold at least 5 pair that he knows of.

I also wonder about what happens to used values when a substantial price increase happens.

I was at my local dealer a couple days ago and asked how many Neolith sales they've had. My sales guy wasn't exactly sure, but said they've sold at least 5 pair that he knows of.
Wow, 5 pairs. That seems like a lot. That is in one year, or thats their life long sales of them? Is the store in a really big market area?

Wow, 5 pairs. That seems like a lot. That is in one year, or thats their life long sales of them? Is the store in a really big market area?
I don't know the timeframe, but assume it's over the last 7 years.

The store is Abt Electronics, which the Abt family started in 1936, and now has over 300,000 square feet of warehouse space, 93,000 square feet was added just this year to help alleviate supply chain woes and keep more stock on hand. I've been a good customer for a very long time. No matter what is being purchased, everyone is treated like they are buying the most expensive item in the store. Great customer service. But, ever since the pandemic they haven't been making the fresh chocolate chip cookies and popcorn on the weekends 🙁.

I don't know the timeframe, but assume it's over the last 7 years.

The store is Abt Electronics, which the Abt family started in 1936, and now has over 300,000 square feet of warehouse space, 93,000 square feet was added just this year to help alleviate supply chain woes and keep more stock on hand. I've been a good customer for a very long time. No matter what is being purchased, everyone is treated like they are buying the most expensive item in the store. Great customer service. But, ever since the pandemic they haven't been making the fresh chocolate chip cookies and popcorn on the weekends 🙁.
Dang, sounds like a great business. We dont have anything that large around here. Im a bit jealous. I bet their prices are good too.

Dang, sounds like a great business. We dont have anything that large around here. Im a bit jealous. I bet their prices are good too.
It's a great place to go just to spend some time in the dozen or so massage chairs. They have several thousand employees and just one store, which is the size of a small shopping mall, plus all the warehouse space. Look it up, there's quite a history there.

The Abt website still lists the Neo's as $49,999.50 each. We should order a few pair, and make $20K a pop on the resale...! :D

Last edited:
The Abt website still lists the Neo's as $49,999.50 each. We should order a few pair, and make $20K a pair on the resale...! :D
Yeah, I saw that. The 15a is about the same price though, just a bit lower. Thats the same level of discount my local store gives me.

OOPS!

But the site won't allow purchase for items like that, so you'll need to talk to a sales associate - but - they would need to honor that price, right?
I'd think so because their price on the 15a is accurate I think. Seems they already updated. They may have 1 set of those now in stock.

I'd think so because their price on the 15a is accurate I think. Seems they already updated. They may have 1 set of those now in stock.
Well, they do have the ones on display. But I just checked and all the choices are $60k each, so maybe somebody jumped on the ones you saw.

I was in Abt a couple weeks ago. Went in specifically to listen to and compare the 15's side-by-side with 13's. The 15's they used to have in the one demo room hooked up to the McIntosh mono's were gone, replaced by (I think) a pair of B&W's. I strolled around for about 20 minutes, couldn't find the 15's anywhere. Seems like they're focusing on other brands these days. They're building out a Focal "store within a store" now, and there was another big section dedicated to another single brand. B&W maybe? Not sure.

That tiny room that had all the ML Masterpiece speakers in it was just that, tiny. MisterB You could have them bring out the speakers you want to hear and set them up where the Neolithic currently are. Shouldn’t be too difficult.

That tiny room that had all the ML Masterpiece speakers in it was just that, tiny. You could have them bring out the speakers you want to hear and set them up where the Neolithic currently are. Shouldn’t be too difficult.
That room is roughly the same size as my room, maybe just a tad smaller than mine, so it was always a pretty good location for me to audition in. If something sounded good there, it was likely to sound good in my room. I'm sure if I had asked someone about the 15's they would have been happy to help. I just didn't want to waste anybody's time because I didn't have any plans to actually buy from them this time. I did buy 60XT's and later ESL X's from them, but I knew I would go back to where I got my 11's if I was going to upgrade. I just swung in there because I knew they used to have the 15's set up, so figured I could give a quick listen without taking up anybody's time.

Latest posts

Back