Did I get scammed? please help!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

jerr2501

I just bought a used pair of what were advertised as Aerius 'i', but now I'm not sure for the following reasons:

1) S/N are AEHK091i which tells me they are 'i' but the logo next to it only says 'Aerius'.

2) Woofers don't look like other Aerius i's I've seen and may not be authentic ML drivers at all! They have inverted dust caps (concaved).
I checked the back of the magnets & they dont say anything.

Other clues: Made november '96 & have red 'power on' LEDs on front.

Does anyone know what these are for sure? Please help.

jerr2501

Welcome :D

First of all they may be the "i" version that the previous owner changed the woofers but you can ask them if that data is available.
The best way to find out for sure is to email Jim Power at ML. He is the Service Manager and can tell you for sure. His email is [email protected].

Good Luck and keep us posted.

Jeff :cool:

Jeff to the rescue!

i was thinking about helping the guy, but I have no experience with the Aerius..

Welcome to the forum!

Joey_V said:
Jeff to the rescue!

i was thinking about helping the guy, but I have no experience with the Aerius..

Welcome to the forum!
Hola and welcome. Your Aerius i were made in 1996 in November. You could have the cap inverted, some versions have this cap inverted. The cap is only a cosmetic thing, and does not have anything to do with the quality of the sound. To find out the exact dates, follow this thread:
http://www.martinloganowners.com/~tdacquis/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=211
Happy listening with your new toys...the sound if ML is so natural and clean, despite of the model. Remember to leave at least 2 or 3 feet away of their´s back wall. Happy listening,
Roberto.

Thanks for all your help, I feel better.
I will also Email Jim at ML & pick his brain.

Latest posts

Back