Dedicated Martin Logan Room Questions ??

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dan.I couldn't agree more.I use two of their Tri-Traps in my front corners and the improvement was dramatic. I use a pair of 244's directly behind my mains. I know that may sound unconventinal,but I really like the sound with no backwave. Give it a try it might suprise you.I think it really brings the soundstage out front and center and clears things up
Already use some Auralex treatment behind the speakers. Just enough to help the sound, not deaden it.

Use the GIK in the Front corners, front wall along the floor/wall seam, in back corners, and along the back wall behind seating position, in front of some bookcases.

Dan

I am very limited to acoustically treating the room due to WAF and on the long wall there is a 3 person couch 18 inches from the front Oddessey woofer which isn't too good.

I think most of us will envy your dedicated room. I know I will. Why have a great system and then have to make compromises on sound?

Are there any wifes out there that wish we had dedicated rooms and got our speakers, wires, cables and other strange acoustic gadgets with mysteriuos magical powers out of their living area?

Never mind, what was I thinking? That thought would never cross thier minds.:devil:

Definitely go for the dedicated room! My room is 80% done.
A man must have his own space. I've had to deal with WAF
issues for the past four years, it feels great not to have to
think about that now. I would never have been able to purchase
ML's if I didn't have my own room.:cheers:

I too went from a larger multipurpose room to a smaller audio only room. I used tube traps and echo busters to treat the room and I am totally blown away with the results. I believe treating the room is the biggest bang for the buck in all audio. Go for the dedicated room, treat it modestly, run a dedicated ac line and be astounded with the result!

I too find myself in the position of having to play with room treatment.
I just got a hold of four panels like the one shown in the picture and would like some advice as to what the best placement would be in your opinion.
I was thinking of putting one behind each speaker (the Christmas tree was a compromise I had to consent to but will be gone right after the Holidays), one on the wall right on top of the hutch. The wall right behind the listening position is a stone wall but I would be able to place one there if needed.
The only problem is the the couch (my listening position) butts right up against the wall. The room is open to the left.
Any suggestions are welcome.
Thanks,
Max

Attachments

• DSCN0028.JPG
    DSCN0028.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 83
  • DSCN0029.JPG
    DSCN0029.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 83
Back