Dead Script Panel...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dave Dahl

Hi all,

I was listening to my system over the weekend and have noticed that the left rear channel (Script) has a dead panel. The woofer works just fine.

I tried a number of things to isolate/fix the power. First I moved the plug to a new outlet. Then I moved the entire speakers over the other side of the room and hooked it up to the right rear channel. No luck either way.

Then I took the back off and took a good look at the inside of the speaker. Everything looks like it should. I took a moment to double check the place where the power enters and everything seems to be in order.

Does anybody know what might be the problem? I really don't want to have to send it back to Martin Logan.

-Dave

Dave Dahl said:
I really don't want to have to send it back to Martin Logan.

-Dave

I understand, but I think you should.
if you try to repair the speaker by yourself, the warranty could be avoided.

Maybe the high voltage unit is dead ??

Good luck
JM

Dave,
Although I have never looked at a Script if is like any of the other ML's my first guess is it is a fuse. This is what happended to my Sequel II's, the fuse blew on the power supply. This is where I would take a second look to see if there is a fuse.
I think others with Scripts will speak up and maybe offer some first hand advise.

Also, a phone call to ML may not be a bad idea unless you are not in the US then it would just be too much. :eek:

Good Luck
Jeff

Does anyone remember where that post was of some guy who "jumped' electricity to different parts of the stat to get it going again?

If none of the above works, just know that your Script is in a better place.

Attachments

• rip.jpg
    rip.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 257
That was one funny picture.

Anyhow, I figure I'll give ML a call on Tuesday. With luck it's something simple that they can talk me through.

If not I'll pack it up and ship it to Kansas. By the way does anybody know the turnaround on a ML repair?

-Dave

Dave Dahl said:
That was one funny picture.

Anyhow, I figure I'll give ML a call on Tuesday. With luck it's something simple that they can talk me through.

If not I'll pack it up and ship it to Kansas. By the way does anybody know the turnaround on a ML repair?

-Dave
Hola Dave...perhaps this can help. If you have an ohm meter, check normally five 15M resistors (brown, green, blue, gold) that are where the panel cables are connected to the P.C. Board...just watch the high voltage there...be carefull, you might get a good shock!!! and if they are o.k., then the supect is a bad panel...swap the good speaker´s panel for the bad one, and if the unit stars to sing, then you have a bad panel, if not, it is the power supply!...hope this can help!.. to take the Scirpts panels is a very easy task. Lay the spseaker on its back. Just remove the side rods, and the panel is secured via velcro to the frame of the cabinet.
Regards from Costa Rica,
Roberto.

Back