DAC Choices - Denafrips vs. Schitt

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

JLasher22443

Reaction score
Just before had the Exasound E-32. And before and still with me an Audio Research Dac 8. This new DAC belongs to another level. It is a jewel to use. My ears are very happy with the amazing results.
Happy listening!
Roberto so I'm assuming from your signature that you are using the Apple Mac Pro for the Source into the DAC? And are you using Roon?

I'm willing to give the HoloAudio May a try to see how it sounds in my system. Was really looking to go with the NAIM NDX 2 Network Player I demoed but I'd be willing to check the Holo out first.

roberto

Reaction score
I
Roberto so I'm assuming from your signature that you are using the Apple Mac Pro for the Source into the DAC? And are you using Roon?

I'm willing to give the HoloAudio May a try to see how it sounds in my system. Was really looking to go with the NAIM NDX 2 Network Player I demoed but I'd be willing to check the Holo out first.
I have a late 2014 cylindrical shape Mac Pro. I have 7 hard drives for only storage music files. I don’t use roon. I use Audirvana Plus instead. Also I have two cd players by Bel Canto a CD2 and a CD3t.
My Holo May Kte is doing only good things. Pure sound quality from Red Book Audio.

Happy listening!

Last edited:

JLasher22443

Reaction score
I

I have a Mac Pro late 2014 cylindrical shape Mac Pro. I have 7 hard drives for only storage music files. I don’t use roon. I use Audirvana Plus instead. Also I have two cd players by Bel Canto a CD2 and a CD3t.
My Holo May Kte is doing only good things. Pure sound quality from Red Book Audio.

Happy listening!
I've gone ahead and ordered the Holo May KTE and plan to use my Mac Mini for now. Going to research more on a Music Server or Audio PC Build for a source.

I've been looking real hard at the Small Green Computer Signature Rendu SE optical Level II. Heard this at the Capital Audio Show in the GT Audio Room and was blown away. Of course it was plugged into a $27,000 Lampizator Pacific DAC but hopefully on the Holo May it should still sound amazing.

roberto

Reaction score
This Holo May Kte is like Martin Logan. You have to pay a lot more, three or four times on cone speakers to get the about same level of ML. This dac had brought to my ears a level that I never heard in other dac. I have friends here that use Lampizator DACs and Denafrips Terminator. Denafrips is a very nice and well balanced sound. Well built unit too. But my ears are with the smooth sound. The huge stage and the incredible detail is what I do like a lot from this Holo May. The separation between the musical instruments and voices. The main artist is projected to the air in a such way that you don't loose anything with the other musicians that are playing in the recording. I also do find that my liking is NOS (No Over Sampling). The files and the CDs that I have at 44.1 KHz/16Bits are incredible well reproduced, with outstanding quality sound! I am really enjoying this marvelous machine. My ears don't believe what they really are hearing.
Happy listening!