DAC Choices - Denafrips vs. Schitt

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry but I don't follow? Out of my entire message you took away chasing skirt and my marriage. LOL
Hey Jason, I was just kidding with you. I am at a stage of my life where I want to get it right (or good enough) and forget it. And then just set back, relax and enjoy. All the power to you and the other constant tweakers here - hence whatever makes you happy. As Roberto always says, "Happy Listening.'

No. As I stated in my review of the Holo, it is a great DAC and I can see why so many love it. I've just been very lucky to have some really Great DAC's in my room, (Holo May included) to test against each other. And in my opinion, with my gear, and my room, the Holo was beaten out by the Bartok and the PS Audio/Lumin Combo. And I wouldn't be surprised if the PSA DSD MKII beats out the Bartok in the future. I love that Analog sounding DAC they produce. Right now tho, I'm not even streaming with the Bartok because I have only been spinning vinyl for the past two to three weeks.

And if you haven't noticed I'm not one to set it and forget it. I'm always trying to better anything I get in life; except for my wife. LOL If I buy something I upgrade things as the years go by; same goes for my system. Before it was buying parts for either my Jeep, motorcycle, or my Truck and trailer setup. But now all of those are gone so my system gets my full OCD attention. I can sit in my room all weekend long and tear it down just to rebuild it to the exact same thing all over again because I want to see and hear what a certain rack change does to my eyes and ears. Crazy I know. LOL
It would be nice to have it narrowed down to just the audio system! I still have my wallet and mind stuck on PC gaming, audio, and my Porsche 911 along with other cars.

As someone who has been down the road of trying to 'better my wife'... my only comment would be that even at the highest level, the audio hobby is much less expensive! Just sayin'... ;)
Not to get too philosophical, one has to be happy from within. Otherwise you can mortgage the world, spend it and still not be happy.

To quote the famous Chris Brown and his song "Welcome to My Life". 😆

Hello, this is my life in your TV
I overdose in that night life, them bright lights and bikinis
I keep my hand on that gold bottle
I'm tryna find me that genie
They say money doesn't buy happiness
But I'd rather cry in that Lamborghini

To quote the famous Chris Brown and his song "Welcome to My Life". 😆

Hello, this is my life in your TV
I overdose in that night life, them bright lights and bikinis
I keep my hand on that gold bottle
I'm tryna find me that genie
They say money doesn't buy happiness
But I'd rather cry in that Lamborghini

I am not a fan of Chris Brown, but these lyrics are good. Perhaps, I will listen to the song.

Hi @roberto, I have a question for you. Have you connected any Apple device to the May? Apparently, the latest camera kit works the best. Now before you folks grill me for connecting an iPod to a $6K DAC; let me say it will be for casual listening. My beloved Cambridge Audio CXU will be spinning the discs outputting bitstream/PCM to the May.

Northy, I am a very conservative with my system. My Holo My plays my CDs with my two Bel Canto CD2 and CD3t transports and my computer Apple Pro for high res DSD or PCM files. For video I use as computer's monitor the HDMI 2 input in My Samsung TV. On the HDMI I input, I have my MV-60 Anthem video processor. All my video goes through it. DVD Blu Rays, TV cable, and Apple TV.

On the other hand, I am really enjoying my Holo. Everyday that I listen to the music, is an experience as never before. Sound quality is a matter of liking, and perhaps there are people who prefer other sound quality. Me? I am in heaven. Both HQplayer and Audirvana Studio bring the quality sound of the Holo. I don't like oversampling. The Holo does not like it. It is much clear, without any artifact, the quality sound offered by the Holo. Including 44.1KHz/16bit!!! The unit belongs to another level, much higher than what I supposed it was going to be. I did try the I2S connection. The truth is that the USB works beautiful...I do not need more. My ears are very happy with it...very, very happy. This is the best sound quality that I ever have.

Happy listening!

Last edited:
Northy, I am a very conservative with my system. My Holo My plays my CDs with my two Bel Canto CD2 and CD3t transports and my computer Apple Pro for high res DSD or PCM files. For video I use as computer's monitor the HDMI 2 input in My Samsung TV. On the HDMI I input, I have my MV-60 Anthem video processor. All my video goes through it. DVD Blu Rays, TV cable, and Apple TV.

On the other hand, I am really enjoying my Holo. Everyday that I listen to the music, is an experience as never before. Sound quality is a matter of liking, and perhaps there are people who prefer other sound quality. Me? I am in heaven. Both HQplayer and Audirvana Studio bring the quality sound of the Holo. I don't like oversampling. The Holo does not like it. It is much clear, without any artifact, the quality sound offered by the Holo. Including 44.1KHz/16bit!!! The unit belongs to another level, much higher than what I supposed it was going to be. I did try the I2S connection. The truth is that the USB works beautiful...I do not need more. My ears are very happy with it...very, very happy. This is the best sound quality that I ever have.

Happy listening!

Gracias Roberto. You have an excellent set-up and thanks for sharing it. If any other user of Holo May Dac has used the Camera Kit connection, please chime in. I want to know your experience.

Back