D1 volume? None...help

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

rynopr

Help,

I can't get any volume out of my speakers through my D1. I have the Butler hooked up to the fronts and sides and the Rotel hooked up for the rears. I double checked to make sure connections are secure.

What are you using for your source?

You need to go into the setup menus and setup the inputs. Like DVD, you need to tell it if your using Toshlink, Coax, or AES/EBU, ETC.

Start at your source and work back to your amp, and make sure every input and output is right.

EDIT.

If it is a used D1, I would reset it back to factory defaults first.

Last edited:
Is the Speaker level tone generator done on each selected components. I only get a sub tone there as well.

rynopr said:
Is the Speaker level tone generator done on each selected components. I only get a sub tone there as well.

Not that I recall, if you get a tone fron the sub you should get a tone from the speakers too.

Joe,

I'm using Analysis Plus locking inter connects. I think that is the issue, but I'm not possitive. I don't think I can get them all just right at the same time? I have a 3 year old and two 11 month old twins that I'm in charge of every evening while my wife works. It is difficult to get enough time to go through the process of elimination. I do have the front two channels working at one time.

The other thing I wanted to asking you about is the triggers. I went into the menu and enabled them. Then I went and put a * in the main position, but It won't seem to power on/off the Butler, or Rotel. Any ideas there?

Thanks for the input!

rynopr said:
Joe,

I'm using Analysis Plus locking inter connects. I think that is the issue, but I'm not possitive. I don't think I can get them all just right at the same time? I have a 3 year old and two 11 month old twins that I'm in charge of every evening while my wife works. It is difficult to get enough time to go through the process of elimination. I do have the front two channels working at one time.

The other thing I wanted to asking you about is the triggers. I went into the menu and enabled them. Then I went and put a * in the main position, but It won't seem to power on/off the Butler, or Rotel. Any ideas there?

Thanks for the input!
Trigger 1 and 2 provide an output of 12 volts with up to 50mA of current, suitable for typical source component.

Trigger 3, provides 12 volts with up to 200mA of current, suitable for triggers on motorized projection equipment and very high power amplifiers.

Under 9. TRIGGERS/IR/RS-232, make sure you have Enabled All triggers (A.).
Then make sure you set the trigger you have your amp plugged in at 1, 2, or 3, to ON under A. B. or C. under the Triggers menu.

Hope this helps

I have gone to Menu 9. Triggers/IR/RS-232

a. All Triggers: Enabled
b. Set Trigger 1
Main
a. Power On: *

c. Set Trigger 2
Main
a. Power On: *

The 12v trigger cable is plugged into the pre and the amps. They still won't power on or off. Do I have to do something else?

The issue was my locking inter connects. I didn't have them all pushed on adequetly at the same time. Those WBT locking ends are tough.

I am still having an issue with the 12v triggers. Any other input?

rynopr said:
I am still having an issue with the 12v triggers. Any other input?

Hi,
Make sure that you only have one 'output' device in the trigger connections. I have a projector (Panasonic AE700), and it has a 12V trigger. But it is an output trigger for an electric screen, not an input trigger to turn it on. This messed me up for a while, until I realized what was going on. You may have something similar.

Peter

Back