Custom Acrylic Dust Cover

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wardsweb

Reaction score
I just got my new custom dust cover for my Clearaudio table. I can now recommend JMK Displays, as they did a great job. I faxed them a drawing and they called to make sure they understood what I wanted before starting. A few weeks later it came packed very well and it fits perfect. They were also cheaper than many places and almost 1/3 what gingko audio wanted. They also used thicker acrylic than the other places quoted. I'm very please with the end result.

jmk_displays.jpg

Last edited:
Wardsweb said:
I'm very please with the end result.

I bet, that's extremely nice Wardsweb. It turns your turntable into a museum piece.

Great job.

Superb !! Nice touch with the cut-outs for easy finger lift !!

twich54 said:
Superb !! Nice touch with the cut-outs for easy finger lift !!
Very observant. There are cutouts on the sides to pick it up and across the back for the cables. I'm very happy with the end result.

That is absolutely outstanding. I have needed a cover for my TNT and thought the Ginko just was too much money for what it is. Funny how I can spend big bucks on some things and others seem to be over priced. Anyway, thanks for posting your beautiful TT and new cover. I am going to order one tomorrow......Steve

How stable is it? Could a bump knock it off the stand? I have been thinking about having one made for my table. Since I have kids, I am more worried about flying objects larger than a piece of dust. I was thinkink of making a lip that rests on the outside of the stand.

jjqiv said:
How stable is it? Could a bump knock it off the stand? I have been thinking about having one made for my table. Since I have kids, I am more worried about flying objects larger than a piece of dust. I was thinkink of making a lip that rests on the outside of the stand.
Actually it's pretty stable as is. You could make it slightly smaller than what ever it sits on so it wouldn't easily slip off the edge or like you said, add a retaining lip. Then you could always ask the fabricator to add some small "legs" on the outside that extend down past the base to lock it into place on whatever it sits on.

Back