Current equivalent to Summit

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with GW1800, the 13 is the current similar model, but it is much better with the built-in ARC room correction for the bass.

I agree with GW1800, the 13 is the current similar model, but it is much better with the built-in ARC room correction for the bass.

I agree. I replaced my Summits with the Expression 13A's. However, aside from the addition of ARC, they're still far from equivalent. The 13A's have 13" wide panels, vs. the Summit's 11". Both have dual 10" woofers, but totally different configurations. Also, the Expressions cross over from panel to woofers at 300 Hz, vs. the Summits/X at 270 Hz.

All above spot on! From 20’ away both look similar but as you get closer the differences are very obvious. Listening is dramatically better with the 13’s hands down. I’ve had both loved the X’s at the time but moved on to something much much better

Just another point to stick up for the X’s. If money is tight a used pair of X’s will hold their own and will most likely blow away the buyers previous pair. Enjoy!!

Well, I've just blown my load on a pair of Summits. It's all very well for those of you who can afford 13's (in NZ, where I live, these retail for an eye-watering $30,000-plus) but I'm on a tight budget. Hi-fi is so depressing in some ways: just when you think you've reached the 'summit' (ha) you find that it's some way off!

Congrats!! You will not be disappointed

Having owned the Summits for five years, in addition to three other ML models over the previous 15 years or so, I can tell you the Summit is a great speaker and when set up appropriately, they should keep you happy for a long time.

Summits are totally enjoyable

I swap in modified Klipsch LaScala's and Summits and I personally prefer the Summits and most of my family and neighbors agree (well no voting if Led Zeppelin or AC/DC is playing) but Summits have been a fantastic purchase for this listener.

Great speakers although I have not heard the latest versions Logan's, I cannot imagine you being anything other than blissed out.

I have had my Summits since 2007 and have been overjoyed with what I have heard from them over the years. I have owned many speakers over the years including Klipshorns in the late 70s. I have not felt the need to move on from the Summits as I have had them in 2 dedicated purposed built sound rooms. The magic comes from the setup.
Currently my audio club prefers my system over any other in the club.

Latest posts

Back