Crown XLS-402A ????

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I have heard Crown amps are not the best for serious listening and are better suited for PA's and subwoofers. This is due to the large amount of distortion in their specs. But this is second-hand knowledge and I honestly do not know and have never heard them. Check the specs.

socialxray said:
From what I have heard Crown amps are not the best for serious listening and are better suited for PA's and subwoofers. This is due to the large amount of distortion in their specs. But this is second-hand knowledge and I honestly do not know and have never heard them. Check the specs.

Absolutly correct, I used a K-1 amp to power 2 very large subs. It did that very, very well for absolute earth shakinh HT bass. Just experimenting I ran it 2 channel, no problem with power, but the sound was terrible, harsh, not refined at all, total loss of detail. This was a 2400.00 retail amp. It did not use fans, and the build quality was good. solid (like you would hoof it back and forth for gigs. It ran hot, My sunfire 600~2 amp hardly gets warm playing the Ascents at very high volumes. This is NOT the amp you want for any ML's, my Yamaha receiver sounded better. I don't think that would be your choice unless you were looking to power very latge (subs) non-detailed brute force drivers.

Last edited:
Back