Crappy recordings.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DTB300 said:
There is not a recorded medium which will be equivilent to the live version - digital or analogue.

Dan

Open up another can of worms here....but I agree totally! It reminds me of walking through a shopping centre trying to see the brand of their crappy in-ceiling speakers thinking how marvellous they sounded, only to turn the corner and see a quartet being piped directly into the PA system. It really made me think no matter how much you spend on speakers / amplifiers / sources, there is just something in the RECORDING PROCESS that destroys that live sound.

I agree.

When walking down a street in the summer time past bars or clubs with their doors open, you can always tell the difference between live music versus played over their sound system.

Dan

Last edited:
DTB300 said:
I agree.

When walking down a street in the summer time past bars or clubs with their doors open, you can always tell the difference between live mand music played over their sound system.

Dan

Yes, thats the other one that gets me - even my 95 year old 95% deaf grandmother could tell the difference between live and recorded from out on the street........and that is through the same speakers and same amplifiers and same crappy mixing desks.

From what I was told the CD I heard was burned directly from the master tape and as I said the result was a very superior CD, does anybody know how many steps there are in making a CD you'd buy off a store shelf and the variances in equipment there can be in the making of it?

cyclone said:
From what I was told the CD I heard was burned directly from the master tape and as I said the result was a very superior CD, does anybody know how many steps there are in making a CD you'd buy off a store shelf and the variances in equipment there can be in the making of it?

Here is link on quasi-remastering your CD's:

http://www.sixmoons.com/audioreviews/nespa2/mastering.html

Very interesting stuff thanks for posting, have you tried any of these methods if so what were the results?

Back