Quantcast

Crackling sound from Motion 30

MartinLogan Owners (MLO)

Help Support MartinLogan Owners (MLO):

lakersfreak

Reaction score
As I was watching a movie there was crackling noise at certain high volume dialogue. I swapped out the center Motion 30 with my Motion 40 left channel and same thing. Does that mean my receiver is damaged? Running everything through Marantz SR5012.

Robert D

Reaction score
Did you try other sources for the sound? I've been on certain news stations where it sounds like there is a bad microphone. Sometimes a channel has other problems.

Just one idea of another cause other than the receiver.

Robert D

Reaction score
Wow, was just looking at Marantz and I see most of their receivers are sold out now. Probably covid-19 related.

lakersfreak

Reaction score
Did you try other sources for the sound? I've been on certain news stations where it sounds like there is a bad microphone. Sometimes a channel has other problems.

Just one idea of another cause other than the receiver.
I was watching a blu ray movies through my Xbox Series X, then tried the same scene in my Playstation 5. Same thing happened twice. Then I was hoping it was the movie itself, but last night I noticed the crackling sound as I was playing an Xbox game.

lakersfreak

Reaction score
Wow, was just looking at Marantz and I see most of their receivers are sold out now. Probably covid-19 related.

yup all sold out for now. Also, big problem with new receivers and running 4k@120Hz. I think I'm going to have to wait until 2021 models.