Covering a 15a panel with a pillow case

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regardless of static charge, this is probably a good idea. "stuff" collects on surfaces over time no matter what. Have you ever cleaned a glass picture frame after it's been hanging for 2-3 years. It will have a light film of haze on it. That haze will build up on the mylar diaphragms whether they are charged or not, and can't be doing the sound any favors. I live near L.A. with 50% humidity and moderate pollution.
Have you ever dusted when you clean the house :)

I received my custom-made silk speaker covers. They’re easy to use, and don’t appear to cause static build-up.
E4147F65-EA2D-4D69-8C8A-436C49B419D0.jpeg
1DD85AC0-3ADE-42D3-AD7F-DFE394B5D5B1.jpeg

With respect...this appears to be a solution to a non-existent problem
If it had value, ML would sell them direct for $99 each and make good money.

With respect....You are talking out of your Derrière.

You are aware ? of the many threads/posts from ML owners who have restored the performance of their dull sounding speakers akin to near new after washing the film of gunk that has accumulated over the years off of the Mylar panels.
Covering ones panels entirely makes sence.

Last edited:
Covers do make sense. Guess I should dig out those that came with my CLX ART speakers!

Be aware that the dust covers may introduce dust by them self. They are not complete dust free.
Be carefull with them.

On my 13’s I bought another set and then just trimmed off the bottom works great. I like the stock material there is a cost I don’t remember how much but it was not that bad.

Latest posts

Back