Cost of CLS replacement panels

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benst

Reaction score
Hi,

After trying several of the tips on this board, I have decided that my old CLS panels are up for renewal. I contacted my local (= in The Netherlands) ML service company. I understand that we have to add some tax and shipping, and the good dealer has to earn his bit too of course, but the cost he quoted me seemed rather high. I think I read on this board that the cost in the US is around $900 for a set of two panels. Is that correct?

Many thanks,
Ben

benst said:
I think I read on this board that the cost in the US is around $900 for a set of two panels. Is that correct?
I believe this is correct or right in the neighborhood. Jeff Z just got new panels and can really confirm the price - again here is the US.

Dan

Thanks, Dan.

The quote I got here in the Netherlands was three (!!!) times as high. Now I understand about shipping, taxes, etc, but a factor of three is outrageous.

Maybe I should buy them in the US... I've had contact with Jim Power before. Is he also the one to contact about replacement panels? :confused:

Ben

Ben,

Jim Powers would be the man to contact. I was quoted 695 a pair (this was a year or so ago for my ReQuest panels).

Good Luck, Happy Listening.

benst said:
Maybe I should buy them in the US... I've had contact with Jim Power before. Is he also the one to contact about replacement panels?
Yep he is the one. But you will find out that he cannot ship to you as you have to deal with your "local" ML Dealer.

Dan

Thanks all! I have told my local ML repair shop about the US prices, and his price has come down a bit. His price also includes installation I found out.

Ben

benst,
Installation is not hard at all. If you want to save some money this is another place to do it. It does come with instructions on how to change them and although they recommend two people to do it one can do it too. I did it and it was not too bad and took about an hour total.

Jeff :cool:

I would definitely be interested in doing it myself, but the problem is: how to get the panels here from the US... ML only ships to dealers apparantly, not directly overseas. I would need somebody to order them for me and then ship them over to me. Lots of hassle.

Ben

Latest posts

Back