cosmetic fix

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C.A.P

Reaction score
Low and be hold ,it happened, I have kids and a bit of candy made its way on the panels, and I was forced to either look at it and deal with it or try and remove it , here is what I did and had faboulously good results
1. take a Q-tip and twist it down a bit, to fit in the panel hole
2. lightly dampened with alcohol (lightly dampened pinch excess off)
3. lightly put the Q-tip in the affected area and twist( lightly)
4. after removal of debrie, let dry
5. take a pencil and a razor blade and shave the lead down untill you have enough (you need alot more than you think) or you can use powdered graphite and place on a clean surface (small dish)
6.take and load a new Q-tip up and get it covered real well,
7. with the speakers on and playing lightly blow the graphite on the cleaned area and watch it stick (combination af static charge and hot air)
8. stand back and make sure it blends , I was able to get a exact blend ,where I cant even tell
Now if I can keep that 1 1/2 yr old from my listining area I will be allright, he sure loves the music though , he can dance like know other ;)

Great advise...

C.A.P said:
Low and be hold ,it happened, I have kids and a bit of candy made its way on the panels, and I was forced to either look at it and deal with it or try and remove it , here is what I did and had faboulously good results
1. take a Q-tip and twist it down a bit, to fit in the panel hole
2. lightly dampened with alcohol (lightly dampened pinch excess off)
3. lightly put the Q-tip in the affected area and twist( lightly)
4. after removal of debrie, let dry
5. take a pencil and a razor blade and shave the lead down untill you have enough (you need alot more than you think) or you can use powdered graphite and place on a clean surface (small dish)
6.take and load a new Q-tip up and get it covered real well,
7. with the speakers on and playing lightly blow the graphite on the cleaned area and watch it stick (combination af static charge and hot air)
8. stand back and make sure it blends , I was able to get a exact blend ,where I cant even tell
Now if I can keep that 1 1/2 yr old from my listining area I will be allright, he sure loves the music though , he can dance like know other ;)
C.A.P.,

Great advise... :D I was wondering how to spot clean a small soil job, without taking apart the entire speaker pannel for the complete 'Cleansing' technique, offered on our "Suggestions" section:

http://www.martinloganowners.com/~tdacquis/forum/showthread.php?t=604

or 'Dan's Sequel II cleaning service'...

http://www.martinloganowners.com/~tdacquis/forum/showthread.php?t=206

Thanks again,

Cheers

-Robin

Back