Quantcast

CONTEST! Re-design the club logo!

MartinLogan Owners (MLO)

Help Support MartinLogan Owners (MLO):

TomDac

former MLO owner/operator
Staff member
Reaction score
It can be as big or as small as you want. It can run the width of the page.. Obviously the smaller in kilobytes it is, the quicker it will load, so keep that in mind.

Here's a site that uses vBulletin and I really like the header logo:

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/

lugano

Reaction score
+46° 1' 26.41", +8° 57' 5.40" (Switzerland)
ok, count me in

tomorrow I'll fire up Cinema4D and come up with something. In your example, he bmw pic is ok, but the lettering sux. Do you want to keep the 2 slogans or can we give'em good riddance ? As of now, there's a unity with the red butotns and the red/black stripes, which call for similar colouring in the logo. I suppose we should stick to this color scheme, or would you like another one ? (Perhaps black/electric blue)

Last edited:

lugano

Reaction score
here we are...

TomDac said:
Let's keep the red and black.. other than that, you're free to come up with whatever you like.
Anisotropic red material for the lettering, floating over a plane featuring the same holes as the martin logan panels, with volumetric light coming from below and the ML logo. No claims - I feel they spoil the pic. I hope Martin Logan will accept using their logo - if not, it can easily be removed (it's on a photoshop layer).

Attachments

theWB

Reaction score
Lugano, LOOKS GREAT!!!!! :cool: I like how the title is on a curve just like the panels on our ML'S

lugano

Reaction score
aliveatfive said:
One suggestion: MartinLogan is one word.
You are right, alive@5, but :

1) Overall the forum the 2 words are separated :)

2) if you do a search on Google,

"Martin Logan" gives 1'210'000 hits
MartinLogan gives 84'000 hits...

anyway, it only takes 10 minutes to put the 2 words together, if Tom decides so.

TomDac

former MLO owner/operator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lugano, for a variation on the curvature theme, can you do just the entire background have a curve to it, instead of the multiple little panels?

MartinLogan is indeed one word on their corporate site, and it looks good when you're using upper and lower case, but when you're using just upper case, it doesn't look right to me, which is why I left it as 2 in most of the areas of the site, including the current header image.. Maybe you could do some variations with upper and lower case mixed and make MartinLogan one word so we can all see what it looks like.

Oh yeah... ML has no problem with us using their "M" logo. :)

lugano

Reaction score
TomDac said:
Lugano, for a variation on the curvature theme, can you do just the entire background have a curve to it, instead of the multiple little panels?

Sure I can, Tom, but stretching that much the background gives a curvature that you can't notice. For a variation, look at this, just 1 panel in the middle.

TomDac said:
Maybe you could do some variations with upper and lower case mixed and make MartinLogan one word so we can all see what it looks like.
Ok, here it is.

I'll do one more variation, uppercase words and adding 2 rails along the panel.

Attachments