Connection Question

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rodspr

Reaction score
Hi all, while listening to music for many years now, I'm trying to improve the quality of how I listen. That being said I have a question concerning bi-amping the ML Aerius I's.

Has anyone experimented with or have a preference regarding the channel to split for the woofer? That is, for bi-amping, I've read that it is taking 1 channel and sending that signal to 2 differant amps. If I'm bi-amping the left front Logan, do I send the Left Front channel to the top connectors and split the subwoofer channel, 1 to go to a subwoofer & 1 to an amp for the ML woofer connection or just split the left front to 2 amps & send that to the Aerius top & bottom?

Only asking because my next upgrade should be to a 5 channel amp which will leave some monoblocks available.

TIA

rodspr said:
If I'm bi-amping the left front Logan, do I send the Left Front channel to the top connectors and split the subwoofer channel, 1 to go to a subwoofer & 1 to an amp for the ML woofer connection or just split the left front to 2 amps & send that to the Aerius top & bottom?
No, keep the subwoofer channel dedicated for low-frequence-effects (LFE) and split the (left) front channel to 2 amplifiers: 1 for the panel and 1 for the ML woofer.

Good luck
Spike

I agree. If you want to use your sub for 2 channel listening, then you have a couple of options with which to play with. In either case, you wouldn't want to split just the LFE signal to run the woofers.

dyazdani said:
I agree. If you want to use your sub for 2 channel listening, then you have a couple of options with which to play with. In either case, you wouldn't want to split just the LFE signal to run the woofers.
And I agree with your agree.

Piggy backing the signal to the subwoofer will degrade the stereo image.

Back